Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

8 hours ago, MavMaximus said:

Hard to know how to take a feller like FormerMav.  He doesn't sound bitter to me and does have some knowledge about AC.  And there's nothing wrong with some realism every now and then. By the same token, it's a little sketchy since he's got a recent account but maybe he forgot his old PW and had to create another one.  Also, giving some love to MIF makes me think he's legit.

I've been around a long time too and I've seen a lot of deranged AC haters on here.  That hotdog guy comes to mind. 

Anyway, back to the game.  I see AC having their way with Fulton.  Many a great battle between these programs over the years.  Speaking of Kerr, those were some great games when he was here.  I think the record is 8 and 7.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Where have all the old Fulton posters gone?

Yeah MavMax people can have very legit accusations but at least FormerMav accepted the kids are important. And really at least now days football for one is becoming more and more commercialized. I see it in a lot of programs and AC is one of them too in my opinion, only. It's sad though that's the way all programs are moving. It's like move that way or get left behind. 

All in all Former Mav is at least being honorable to mention for the kids sake. :thumb:

Yeah it no fun if we or at least I don't have someone to fight with, keep the high scoring boards on fire...

Edited by Mavericksinflight

On 8/29/2022 at 8:27 PM, FormerMav said:

AC is one injury away from going .500 the rest of the season. They are razor thin on the line too, that's why they've moved a TE to tackle. The lack of depth could hurt them.  

MIF those nicknames are cringe. If you only knew... but you don't want to.  

They will likely get booted 2nd round by Greenville,  as usual.  The coaching staff plays so tight against Greenville and it transfers to the players. Could this year be different? Possibly,  I'll believe it when I see it though.  You have to show me. I hope my nephew has a good injury free season,  I don't want to dox myself and have it taken out on my kids. 

It's like admin are so desperate for a gold ball they would do anything to get one, and they have.  It's cringy the way the admin down there act about football. Mav fans may not want to hear it,  but it's true.  I strongly dislike the admin,  I've lost a great deal of respect for the coaches but wish the kids good luck.  

I wish I had that admin. when I was there.

15 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah MavMax people can have very legit accusations but at least FormerMav accepted the kids are important. And really at least now days football for one is becoming more and more commercialized. I see it in a lot of programs and AC is one of them too in my opinion, only. It's sad though that's the way all programs are moving. It's like move that way or get left behind. 

All in all Former Mav is at least being honorable to mention for the kids sake. :thumb:

Yeah it no fun if we or at least I don't have someone to fight with, keep the high scoring boards on fire...

I very much disagree with FormerMav about the admin at AC.  IMO they are great and have moved the ball positively in all sports and AC continues to be a very good academic school.  So I have no idea what's not to like as to them.

Yes, there's a commercialization that in most all aspects of life and that no doubt bleeds over into even high school and, before that, youth sports.  Hard for that not to be the case with social media saturation such as it is.  Now we're showing our age though, B)!

Edited by MavMaximus
typo

2 hours ago, MavMaximus said:

I very much disagree with FormerMav about the admin at AC.  IMO they are great and have moved the ball positively in all sports and AC continues to be a very good academic school.  So I have no idea what's not to like as to them.

Yes, there's a commercialization that in most all aspects of life and that no doubt bleeds over into even high school and, before that, youth sports.  Hard for that not to be the case with social media saturation such as it is.  Now we're showing our age though, B)!

The excitement, the educational Ranks high and Fireworks 2nd to none. Wonderful school. Taking everything into consideration not sure any school does better without bleed over. Heck even Stony fork had bad days.

21 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Every site on Coacht boards have those former persons, Oak Ridge has had hundreds that don't like something or someone and I accept they may have a good reason too. But statistically when you run an athletic department some want be happy.  Take CCHS I still have dislikes for them. But I try and show it through the Mavs beating them and they have since Gillum has been there. CCHS want play the Mavs and I can see why. Chattanooga central put a number on them and that's a Chattanooga team. But don't get me started I will be the like former Mav. This all sounds legit but every since I have been posting and when the Mavs were heading to stardom there is always someone that will try and bring them down and again it goes on all over the boards for other High schools as well. 

Davey 104/51 in only 14 seasons and only 7 wins away from the winningest coach in AC History and has won 5 straight region titles and from what he said the program is the most solid he has ever seen for the future and I have never heard him say that before. So all in all it's good to have critics it just allows you to make up for any imperfections we all have.... It's all Good and I understand!

Coach G has been great for the players and the community. Some are jealous of that. You have to understand when we say no one has it better its the truth. CCHS will end up playing us eventually the Price boys are to good of people and to competitive. 

• Upvote 1

My problem mostly stems from admin. The stuff that the other sports teams down there have to put up with.  This year was a bit different because some other stuff happened that I won't go into.  

I understand every AD will have a favorite sport. But to have other sports suffer so you can elevate one over the other?  There's a serious undercurrent of negative feelings from other sports parents. It gets dismissed as jealousy. 

I could accept that argument if all athletes got to compete in their chosen sport without interference but that's not the case.  Or, if they were just treated equally but that's not the case either.  

If any of you were at the Meet the Mavs earlier this month it was evident. They brought all sports teams into the field with the cheerleaders and FB last. 

No athletes from the other teams gave a hoot when FB came out.  The FB players and their parents are all cheering... fireworks... Coaches and AD in the middle of em... loud music... lights flashing 

No one outside the FB affiliated folks cared.

And when you looked at every other team and parent they ignored the FB and walked away.  It was a stark contrast. 

I honestly believe if some of the other sports went away admin would be happy. They wouldn't have to listen to parents and players complain when they kick the girls soccer team off the field for their game (on gamedsy!) so FB can practice. Or when they kick BB out of the gym so FB can do a walk through. 

For context  I understand money drives a lot. Many or most of these other teams are self sufficient.  Remember when AC hired Nikki Anosike as the girls BB coach a couple years ago?  A generous fan of hers made a SUBSTANTIAL donation, they have money.   Point is  they do not fight for the other sports.  They merely tolerate their existence and the athletes are treated differently.  That is the message we are teaching.  

But they've got a good FB program. They'll handle business this week without issue.  I hope they get out to a lead early,  put in the subs for experience and rest starters. Also prevent injuries.  

Edited by FormerMav
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moogitonover said:

Come see the work and grind. You don't know about our two a days. Also a ton of guys also working jobs. 

I don't know about your two a days? :rolleyes:.  I came from a program that worked and grinded to win state championships and now have 4 gold balls and a Silver sitting in the trophy case.  I'm part of the first group that started Devil Camp which was two practices a day, lifting, and then special team practice at night while sleeping in a Gym with box fans running. Learn who you're talking to before bringing up Work or Grind.  Maybe the Mavs have worked and Grinded enough this year to finally get past my alma mater, we shall wait and see on that one though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yep they talk the talk but have not idea of walking the walk. But they will soon see and the enlightenment will began. Have Faith!

We talk the talk but have no idea of walking the walk?  Coming from you thats very rich.  The Mavs have been the ones talking the talk but have no clue about walking the walk or they would have had a state championship by now.  They have that Greene Devil burnt into their head that even Davey flinches seeing us.  Let me remind you of talking the talk but not walking the walk from your head coach himself, It's two min in.

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

We talk the talk but have no idea of walking the walk?  Coming from you thats very rich.  The Mavs have been the ones talking the talk but have no clue about walking the walk or they would have had a state championship by now.  They have that Greene Devil burnt into their head that even Davey flinches seeing us.  Let me remind you of talking the talk but not walking the walk from your head coach himself, It's two min in.

Love that pic. Thanks Swipes

21 hours ago, Swipes said:

I don't know about your two a days? :rolleyes:.  I came from a program that worked and grinded to win state championships and now have 4 gold balls and a Silver sitting in the trophy case.  I'm part of the first group that started Devil Camp which was two practices a day, lifting, and then special team practice at night while sleeping in a Gym with box fans running. Learn who you're talking to before bringing up Work or Grind.  Maybe the Mavs have worked and Grinded enough this year to finally get past my alma mater, we shall wait and see on that one though

Your not an alma mater of Greeneville.