Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

On 8/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Have not had a chance to really see Mavs play. But they certainly will need a defense. We have a new Defensive coach. Hopefully the staff has figured out what the defense needs to make the difference. We had a good QB line rush last year but we got smashed once the ball left the QB hands. Hate to go through this all over again. 

Defense will come along. Hard for it not to with the coaching staff that is in place. They will get it DONE

• Upvote 1

The Mavs will head to Johnson City tonight and come away with a hard fought 6A vs 4A win. Unlike most teams the Anderson County Mavs will play all challengers and bigger schools. This is a tough task but these kids have been prepared for these situations since their days at Norris middle. My prediction Mavs 42 Science Hill 28 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moogitonover said:

The Mavs will head to Johnson City tonight and come away with a hard fought 6A vs 4A win. Unlike most teams the Anderson County Mavs will play all challengers and bigger schools. This is a tough task but these kids have been prepared for these situations since their days at Norris middle. My prediction Mavs 42 Science Hill 28 

Should be a good matchup. AC seems to struggle heading to the Tri-Cities and Walker will determine how it goes. Science Hill got bounced last year by the #4 while they were the number #1. Not sure who the comment of team was directed in regards to playing bigger schools, but went back a few years and didn't see AC playing Maryville, Alcoa or even Catholic. Seems Powell has been the marquee game of the year. I'd like for Davie to schedule a home and home with some of those teams or even a team like Farragut. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Should be a good matchup. AC seems to struggle heading to the Tri-Cities and Walker will determine how it goes. Science Hill got bounced last year by the #4 while they were the number #1. Not sure who the comment of team was directed in regards to playing bigger schools, but went back a few years and didn't see AC playing Maryville, Alcoa or even Catholic. Seems Powell has been the marquee game of the year. I'd like for Davie to schedule a home and home with some of those teams or even a team like Farragut. 

Are you sure its Anderson County who doesn't want to play those schools or those schools might be full when they make the phone call? 

2 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

struggle?

On 8/20/2022 at 2:18 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

It's Great to wake up in the Morning seeing A Great win! Come Monday morning the players need to calm down LOL I know because I can't. It's like being teenager all over again LOL.

Enjoy your post and the credit you give the Mav kids. I will have to say the Coaching staff may be the best in the state. The offense has always been good but this year they seem more Methodical with Chadwell and Davey together like before. They are giving it what appears more rest time to the Defense. OL done really good let a couple of guys through unexpectedly quicker. Potts ( Hope Potts make a full recovery for Powell) when he played had all sorts of trouble finding a receiver this looks very promising. D did get tricked on the short TD pass. Broken coverage I think.

This will be another Great win for the Mavs against Powell. I remember the one year I drove 18 hours from Montana to see the 2009 upset at Powell 41-35. In those days for Mavs it was really an upset and that's when all this was in the making to where we are now and will be for the Mavs.

Setting on Davey couch that night and told him the Dynasty has just begun he laughed but agreed LOL.

Great job Mavericks this Dream Team may just come true. But 1 game at a time!

Best staff in the state?? How many titles have they won? 

57 minutes ago, Moogitonover said:

struggle?

Dropped 3 games last year to Tri-City teams. Is that correct 0-3, depending on how you view Elizabethton in regards to Tri-City area. 2 games in the Tri-Cities and 1 at home.  I'm not knocking AC, just seeing where the we will play anyone anytime mentality comes from when the schedule is pretty basic. Scheduling Powell is a good rivalry and I hope it continues. Would like to see AC do what Powell has done get Catholic, Beech (or Nashville area) and Maryville. 

For the record, I like Davie and follow AC because I want him to do well. 

We all know that school enrollment is not necessarily indicative of the product placed on the field, but AC just beat the stuffing out of the 4th largest high school in the state.    You still have Greeneville and Elizabethton in 4A but from what I have seen thus far I'm putting AC at the top of the heap in the 4A east.