Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Actually Mav is one of my top 5 posters that I like to follow and interact with.

Wella I just take it off the cuff sometimes. Like to fire up stats swipes. He likes to prove people wrong. And he's right most of time I said most of time. I think and hope he will be eating some dust this year from the Mavs. And boy if he does I will make him pay along with his buddy devilman. I am holding my breath (words) for now. You can't blame me much for that lol. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Wella I just take it off the cuff sometimes. Like to fire up stats swipes. He likes to prove people wrong. And he's right most of time I said most of time. I think and hope he will be eating some dust this year from the Mavs. And boy if he does I will make him pay along with his buddy devilman. I am holding my breath (words) for now. You can't blame me much for that lol. 

Lol

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Swipes said:

Definitely mistaken West wasn't close in their game last year in the Semi's against Powell.  Final Score was 35-7 and it was 28-0 at half until the 4th quarter.

2020 season West beat Powell. Just pulling from memory must have had that in mind.  But I will stay firm West pretty darn good on defense history past few years. I will be sure to double check it next time. Give me extra credit at some point during this season so I can catch up. Lol just joshing with you.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

19 hours ago, Swipes said:

Definitely mistaken West wasn't close in their game last year in the Semi's against Powell.  Final Score was 35-7 and it was 28-0 at half until the 4th quarter.

Yup. That game wasn't close. West was a good team, but Powell was definitely better. I'm not sure that Powell is that much better than West this season, especially without the Nolen brothers, but we'll see.

In the last ~5 years, AC has proven that they could beat almost anyone in 4A. But whenever they had to play a team that could out-athlete them, their overall lack of team speed got exposed. That scrimmage against West is a great example.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Yup. That game wasn't close. West was a good team, but Powell was definitely better. I'm not sure that Powell is that much better than West this season, especially without the Nolen brothers, but we'll see.

In the last ~5 years, AC has proven that they could beat almost anyone in 4A. But whenever they had to play a team that could out-athlete them, their overall lack of team speed got exposed. That scrimmage against West is a great example.

I heard y'all almost beat OR last night?  any details?

2 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

I heard y'all almost beat OR last night?  any details?

I'm definitely not an AC fan, but it sounds like both teams are nursing some injuries, both before and after last night. OR lost a couple of important guys to injury last night, possibly long-term.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I'm definitely not an AC fan, but it sounds like both teams are nursing some injuries, both before and after last night. OR lost a couple of important guys to injury last night, possibly long-term.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I left at the end of the first qtr of AC and OR. I saw the defensive back for OR get injured and I'd say he will be out the entire season. I didn't see any of the other kids get injured.

I hate to see anyone get injured. 

On 8/12/2022 at 11:59 AM, noonesfool said:

Sounds like Noe was back.

Noe didn't play, Nick Moog carried the ball for the Mavs against OR.  I talked to Noe at Meet the Mavs last night, he says he is clear for Friday's game with Powell.  Moog, who is another 200 plus pound back that is physical and gets vertical quickly for his size.  He and Noe will be a 1-2 punch for the Mavs Friday.  Last season, Noe got most of the carries, but this season, I would look for Moog to get carries as well and keep Noe fresher for later in the game.  Get your tickets early for Friday's game.  It promises to be electric. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, olhickory said:

Noe didn't play, Nick Moog carried the ball for the Mavs against OR.  I talked to Noe at Meet the Mavs last night, he says he is clear for Friday's game with Powell.  Moog, who is another 200 plus pound back that is physical and gets vertical quickly for his size.  He and Noe will be a 1-2 punch for the Mavs Friday.  Last season, Noe got most of the carries, but this season, I would look for Moog to get carries as well and keep Noe fresher for later in the game.  Get your tickets early for Friday's game.  It promises to be electric. 

Sounds like an exciting game. Hope we show some good defense. That could be a game changer.