Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

17 hours ago, olhickory said:

Yes, Gavin visited Navy and committed on the spot is what I heard.  What a great honor for him and his family.  The Noe family are Maverick all the way.  His dad played in mid late 80s and was a walk on at Tennessee, his older brother was an in credible offensive and defensive lineman for the Mavs just few short years ago, and now plays at Davidson in North Carolina.  I know all of Maverickland is proud of Gavin, and we are all looking forward to seeing him and this team in just a few weeks.  August 21 can't get here soon enough.  GO MAVS

Any young man who commits to a military academy and the commitment that follows is special young man. I salute Mr. Noe.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:06 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree. Hats off to that young man. 

Thank you for your kind words.   Gavin is a top notch young man, who will be seen after almost every game taking pictures with future Mavs and giving high fives to fans in the end zones and on the sidelines when he gets to come off the field. I have been watching this kid for along time, and he hasn't changed.  He runs downhill and at 6'2/225 he is like tackling a bus.  He is surrounded by a great class, but I have been saying that for the last 5 years.  Moog makes it a great 1-2 punch in backfield as he is 6/205, and runs a-lot like his brother did.  The Mavericks have had a run of great classes go through.  They need to avoid the injury bug, and cap this season off in Chattanooga.  The Coaching Staff brings back Coach Lambert who will be a great addition to an already strong staff.  Martinez gets the PWO from Ole Miss, and Vowell is said to be taking a visit to Big10 Iowa, who has already offered the 6'4 rec. OL will feature May, Bradshaw, Bullock, Murphy, and Clayton, and Davis,  Powell is about 7 weeks away, and I got my season tickets ordered.  

• Upvote 1

I got to see the Mavs host Farragut this week.   Martinez put on another show. Noe and Vowell sat the 7v7 out, not sure why other than to maybe prevent an injury.  Offensively, Martinez threw the ball all over the place.  It was great to see Miller, Davis, Phillips, Moog, Cole, Russell, and Braden out there catching balls. Defensively, Davis and Meier played well in the middle, breaking up passes, but we all know those two like to tackle, and we will see them continue to do that this fall.  Davis is two way player, and will need to be in his best shape.  He was a beast last season playing both, and will need to do that again this season.  Jermaine Allen is a STUD.  He lined up at Corner, and did a great job breaking up several passes from a very good team from Farragut.  Looking at the young Mavs, Allen's little brother Israel played very well as did Larue and Strickland.  Mav fans will remember his brother Brad, who was stud receiver for the Mavs about ten years ago.  Cody Miller took reps at QB,  but really stood out at LB for the Mavs.  The Mavs hosted Coach Gillum's Youth Full Pad Camp this week, and pictures show 150 + youth players in full pads participating. Knox Co Media day was posted by the AD, and it  looked and sounded like the Mavericks are just as excited to get this season kicked off as the fans are.  You can watch some of it on on YouTube at KFOA Media Day with VinceSports on the 99.1 The Sports Animal.  One week closer to pads,  Mavs Draw the Wildcats from OR in the 5Star jamboree, so all of Anderson County will look forward to that.  

8 hours ago, olhickory said:

I got to see the Mavs host Farragut this week.   Martinez put on another show. Noe and Vowell sat the 7v7 out, not sure why other than to maybe prevent an injury.  Offensively, Martinez threw the ball all over the place.  It was great to see Miller, Davis, Phillips, Moog, Cole, Russell, and Braden out there catching balls. Defensively, Davis and Meier played well in the middle, breaking up passes, but we all know those two like to tackle, and we will see them continue to do that this fall.  Davis is two way player, and will need to be in his best shape.  He was a beast last season playing both, and will need to do that again this season.  Jermaine Allen is a STUD.  He lined up at Corner, and did a great job breaking up several passes from a very good team from Farragut.  Looking at the young Mavs, Allen's little brother Israel played very well as did Larue and Strickland.  Mav fans will remember his brother Brad, who was stud receiver for the Mavs about ten years ago.  Cody Miller took reps at QB,  but really stood out at LB for the Mavs.  The Mavs hosted Coach Gillum's Youth Full Pad Camp this week, and pictures show 150 + youth players in full pads participating. Knox Co Media day was posted by the AD, and it  looked and sounded like the Mavericks are just as excited to get this season kicked off as the fans are.  You can watch some of it on on YouTube at KFOA Media Day with VinceSports on the 99.1 The Sports Animal.  One week closer to pads,  Mavs Draw the Wildcats from OR in the 5Star jamboree, so all of Anderson County will look forward to that.  

Wow! Great to hear. Can't wait! That an understatement too! :)

28 days as of yesterday. The Mavs open with the 5 A State Champion Powell Panthers. This should be another great game.  The last two years have been incredible games for the fans to watch.  In 2020, Potts got loose on a scramble play and threw a deep ball to win it with just seconds left on the clock.  In 2021, the Mavs jumped out to a 20 point lead in a three hour game only to run out of gas against a talented Powell team.  These two coaching staffs know each other well, as do the players.  Both offenses will be ready to showcase the talent they have, so the defenses will tell the tale of this game.  Maverick Kicking game should be really good as they have a 4 star and 5 star Kohls Kicking Academy ranked kickers who should be able to make Powell start each drive on the 20.   

5 hours ago, olhickory said:

28 days as of yesterday. The Mavs open with the 5 A State Champion Powell Panthers. This should be another great game.  The last two years have been incredible games for the fans to watch.  In 2020, Potts got loose on a scramble play and threw a deep ball to win it with just seconds left on the clock.  In 2021, the Mavs jumped out to a 20 point lead in a three hour game only to run out of gas against a talented Powell team.  These two coaching staffs know each other well, as do the players.  Both offenses will be ready to showcase the talent they have, so the defenses will tell the tale of this game.  Maverick Kicking game should be really good as they have a 4 star and 5 star Kohls Kicking Academy ranked kickers who should be able to make Powell start each drive on the 20.   

BOOM :thumb: Ella will be busy this year! Not long now!

Go Mavs!