2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

4 hours ago, anchordown10 said:

This region is not very strong compared to others in the state and on any given Friday any team can win because no team is a world beater but this is Forrest's region to lose unless they have a mass exodus of players.

agreed. worst region at any level in the state. its like being the least fattest kid at weight watchers camp 

19 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

I can’t imagine Forrest  changing their offense —especially considering they will have a 5‘6“ running back playing quarterback or a freshman, they might not have a pass completion all season…

Dixon, maybe Cascade’s best athlete, is the  likely quarterback and the new RB is 200lbs

Mount pleasant was mostly juniors last season so I don’t expect much improvement 

Summertown has speed and that MLB/RB is a monster 

Richland has the best QB in the Region

Loretto unlikely to do much 

If Forrest doesn't tweak the offense, the OC has to go. #2 is closer to 5'10 & 175 right now and has had an excellent 7on7 winter season against the best in the country. If we run a little shotgun and give him options we will be fine. Cascade was mauled by all four classes in middle school so unless they have 11 transfers it will be more of the same. 

19 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Eli sent a blocker directly at Cascade’s top tackler all night long so he deserves at least a little credit for having a game plan 

That's a mighty low bar for a good game plan. Who was the top tackler, your kid? 

18 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Cascade was undefeated with their full roster-pretty depleted by the Forrest game. The defense should be there but the offense is a question mark—good line, good receivers-play calling could improve!

Cascade was a one man show all season. He is gone. Jo Byrns was the best win. CHS was wiped out by the worst Lewis Co team in 10 years.  The team was over hyped by a very weak schedule and then exposed at season's end.

21 hours ago, Salem said:

If Forrest doesn't tweak the offense, the OC has to go. #2 is closer to 5'10 & 175 right now and has had an excellent 7on7 winter season against the best in the country. If we run a little shotgun and give him options we will be fine. Cascade was mauled by all four classes in middle school so unless they have 11 transfers it will be more of the same. 

That's a mighty low bar for a good game plan. Who was the top tackler, your kid? 

Cascade was a one man show all season. He is gone. Jo Byrns was the best win. CHS was wiped out by the worst Lewis Co team in 10 years.  The team was over hyped by a very weak schedule and then exposed at season's end.

Swift, Davis, and the line will be good -However, the running will be less effective if there is zero threat of a pass. We are 1-1 the past two seasons, last year was 14-7 in the 4th—I just don’t understand the overconfidence from your side—with home-field advantage, it’s 55/45 at best -in y’all’s favor…

21 hours ago, Salem said:

& I have a Freshman on the roster, smart guy

4 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Swift, Davis, and the line will be good -However, the running will be less effective if there is zero threat of a pass. We are 1-1 the past two seasons, last year was 14-7 in the 4th—I just don’t understand the overconfidence from your side—with home-field advantage, it’s 55/45 at best -in y’all’s favor…

swift cant throw a pass?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, cascadehomer said:

My picks:

1. Cascade

2. Forrest

3. Richland

4. Summertown

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Loretto

Well the rich get richer-word on the mean streets of Wartrace is that a 3 sport athlete, one who ran all over Forrest in a victory in his sophomore season, will rejoin the football team for his senior season. I’m predicting lots of post-season awards for him—if not region mvp, then likely offensive mvp, definitely Running back of the blankety blank year!

5 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Well the rich get richer-word on the mean streets of Wartrace is that a 3 sport athlete, one who ran all over Forrest in a victory in his sophomore season, will rejoin the football team for his senior season. I’m predicting lots of post-season awards for him—if not region mvp, then likely offensive mvp, definitely Running back of the blankety blank year!

This will age well. Let's revisit this post in November.