2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

14 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Yes--but w/o the funny business--- CSO (Champ-sh*t only) 

A funny thing

by CascadeHomer

Between our two main transfers, the OLB seems to have a normal disposition whereas the DE/TE is capable of incredible savagery/cruelty.  Well, the funny thing is, the DE/TE was absent from 7v7 and it was the nice guy OLB who fought/whipped the 2 Forrest kids who were behaving poorly.  A good time was had by all. 

#CSO

:popcorneater:

Can tell its getting close.

18 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

cascadehomer's entire catalog of posts and anecdotes makes "he said she said/6 degrees of kevin bacon" look like a videotaped confession

Less than a month away & you will see that CascadeHomer speaks the truth...

This is a fast & aggressive defense, I'm expecting shutouts every week.  Possibly Mt. Pleasant and/or Summertown have the athletes to score on a big play- but barring injury, ain't many points being scored on the Champions this season.  Forrest lacks big-play capability & thus has very little chance to sustain drives vs. these Champion junkyard dogs-Forrest will need to score on special teams or with their defense if they are to get on the scoreboard...

As for the offense, the entire line is back-all upperclassman-including the D1 coveted, Mighty Lance...3-sport athlete Brown is a tough, shifty back, new FB Cagle is 240lbs of muscle & has great balance & the Dowell bros are a big play waiting to happen... Dixon is the most athletic QB in the region & TE Anti-Tank Tyler is big, mean, fast, & with hands...

#CSO

On 3/16/2022 at 12:48 PM, cascadehomer said:

Swift, Davis, and the line will be good -However, the running will be less effective if there is zero threat of a pass. We are 1-1 the past two seasons, last year was 14-7 in the 4th—I just don’t understand the overconfidence from your side—with home-field advantage, it’s 55/45 at best -in y’all’s favor…

You keep saying "it was 14-7 early in the 4th quarter" as if it is a badge of honor. Didnt they outscore you 10-0 in that 4th quarter and beat you 24-7?  Blown out, dude. You are the definition of sunshine pumper.

On 7/21/2022 at 3:40 PM, GeneralForrest said:

cascadehomer's entire catalog of posts and anecdotes makes "he said she said/6 degrees of kevin bacon" look like a videotaped confession

Hey, they have been the Champions more than Alcoa.  They are the only team in the state that can go 0 -10 and be The Champions.  In fact, they have done it a lot.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vandychris said:

You keep saying "it was 14-7 early in the 4th quarter" as if it is a badge of honor. Didnt they outscore you 10-0 in that 4th quarter and beat you 24-7?  Blown out, dude. You are the definition of sunshine pumper.

No way  keeping a game close against Forrest is a badge of honor for any team but that's all he has. We struggle to put up 2 Tds against anyone with a serviceable defense.

Last season Eagleville without their best 3 players due to injury and illness was only down 7-0 in the closing minutes of the 3rd quarter. A game that should have had a running clock. Loretto, Lewis County, Cascade, Moore County, Richland were all games where the Forrest defense dominated and the team should have been cruising but were all close late in the game. That's our M.O.  Summertown was blown out by our defense and special teams, the offense did nothing until ST called it a night in the 3rd quarter. 

5 hours ago, Salem said:

Last season Eagleville without their best 3 players due to injury and illness was only down 7-0 in the closing minutes of the 3rd quarter. A game that should have had a running clock. Loretto, Lewis County, Cascade, Moore County, Richland were all games where the Forrest defense dominated and the team should have been cruising but were all close late in the game.

yet as far as i know we have the same person running he offense this year yes? in a bigger city he'd have been run out of town.  people think i am negative. ive written countless times about how to improve this team. im done with that. almost anywhere except rural middle tennessee this lack of production would not be tolerated. 

20 hours ago, Vandychris said:

24-7 is misleading— It was much more competitive than that and it only bloomed to that score in the closing minutes as we were forced to gamble down field as the clock was running out… And I only mention 14 to 7 in the fourth quarter because the Nathan Bedford Forrest acolytes carry-on as if they are out of our league-when in fact, we are very much in the same league. 

On 7/28/2022 at 3:52 PM, cascadehomer said:

24-7 is misleading— It was much more competitive than that and it only bloomed to that score in the closing minutes as we were forced to gamble down field as the clock was running out… And I only mention 14 to 7 in the fourth quarter because the Nathan Bedford Forrest acolytes carry-on as if they are out of our league-when in fact, we are very much in the same league. 

both teams played terribly.  if the score was 1-0 the result is the same. it was difficult to watch 

Parity returns to region 5

One of Cascade’s big time transfers is transferring. This one stings but the Rocket Thumper set a nice precedent for the Champions this summer when he manhandled the Forrest players last month so hopefully his example will carryover into the season…

#gonebutnotforgotten