2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

Champion Defense/Pedestrian Offense 

Coaching staff treated the scrimmage like a scrimmage (rotating liberally) even though it had a playoff atmosphere with all of the Forrest  blue in the crowd… Anytime the correct personnel was in the game, the champions moved the ball decently -but the offensive line sucked-even though they returned everyone from last season’s solid line—(two lineman pointed to equipment malfunctions—like Janet Jackson—as the reason for the subpar performance)

I don’t think the defense gave up a first down when the starters were on the field.

It was technically 2-2 but we forced many more turnovers and would have dominated field position in a real game.

Cascade was missing 3 important players that I counted 

Our linebacker, Monster Chappa, who will be kicking field goals/extra points was surprisingly awesome. 

On 8/4/2022 at 2:55 PM, Salem said:

Linebacker replacement is a bigger, faster, stronger & more athletic player. If he's healthy it may be an upgrade.  Safety replacement could be #9.  DC gets to decide if he wants two studs at safety to help younger corners or if he wants one lock down corner and one inexperienced safety.   Defense is fine regardless.

Freshman QB will be a good one. Freshman RB will be 3rd string but he looked good against Macon's first defense. Your 2nd favorite team will be OK this year. 

Homer better focus on Moore County or he will be embarrassed in Lynchburg in 2 weeks. 

good to hear! 

I heard MC has a nice transfer QB from Oakland & we know the coaches kid is a solid RB- but they ain't scoring vs. the Champions if we are at full strength--I'll do my best to log on shortly after kick-off to say whether or not I see the players that I need to see on the field to make the shutout a reality...

16 hours ago, Vandychris said:

They gonna be too busy making country music videos :roflol:

#yalllife

3 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

good to hear! 

I heard MC has a nice transfer QB from Oakland & we know the coaches kid is a solid RB- but they ain't scoring vs. the Champions if we are at full strength--I'll do my best to log on shortly after kick-off to say whether or not I see the players that I need to see on the field to make the shutout a reality...

You're not keeping  #6 out of the endzone if he's healthy! He may score on offense, defense, and special teams. 

On 8/6/2022 at 4:26 PM, Salem said:

#yalllife

You're not keeping  #6 out of the endzone if he's healthy! He may score on offense, defense, and special teams. 

Football is a cruel mistress…

Alright, we lost another MLB in last night’s scrimmage-the tough as nails Crouch is likely done for the season (guessing ACL) 
This means that #6 could find the end zone & also that we have gone from favorite to live underdog vs Forrest 

Positives from the scrimmage was that #7 finally appeared healthy-broke off a 70yd Td run and only had 2 carries that I saw and had a couple of sacks…Also, they finally unleashed the massive FB #3 and he preceded to drag players all over the field — the normal FB #15 ran hard-and over several defenders and he’s pegged as the new MLB I’m assuming 

#2 is the new backup QB following the Smith County transfer and he showed toughness and completed several passes to #21 plus had nice yardage on his runs

#5 and #10 were elusive and had some nice moments —more speed this season really apparent—hope #12 gets on the field more-fast as lightning…

new LB kicker is still perfect 

D-line is nasty  and O-line had a much better showing…