2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

On 8/1/2022 at 4:18 PM, Yeti said:

Let me know hownit goes. I know  barring those injuries it was likely you all were gonna be better.

I didn't get to attend but the report I got said Forrest played relatively even with MC even though we had 3 top players out with injury/ illness. Not sure if MC was at full strength or not. This is encouraging because they manhandled our line last season in the scrimmage. Freshman QB and a freshman RB looked good. Defense was solid. I plan to watch in person this Friday. 

Our defense has to replace one linebacker and one safety and we will be better than last year. All our running backs are back a year stronger and faster. Offensive line will be much bigger and better. Our freshman group will have skill players better than the 2019 team.  A handful may play as freshman and that never happens at Forrest. Outlook is bright if the injury bug stays away. 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:39 AM, GeneralForrest said:

didnt forrest scrimmage AT macon last year?

they visited us in 2021. This is our second trip up there in the last 3-4 years though. 

10 hours ago, Salem said:

I didn't get to attend but the report I got said Forrest played relatively even with MC even though we had 3 top players out with injury/ illness. Not sure if MC was at full strength or not. This is encouraging because they manhandled our line last season in the scrimmage. Freshman QB and a freshman RB looked good. Defense was solid. I plan to watch in person this Friday. 

Our defense has to replace one linebacker and one safety and we will be better than last year. All our running backs are back a year stronger and faster. Offensive line will be much bigger and better. Our freshman group will have skill players better than the 2019 team.  A handful may play as freshman and that never happens at Forrest. Outlook is bright if the injury bug stays away. 

they visited us in 2021. This is our second trip up there in the last 3-4 years though. 

Sounds like you will be in the mix. 

14 hours ago, Salem said:

Sounds good in theory -But I would have to assume that the new linebacker and new safety will not be as good as last season,- the linebacker last season was defensive player of the year for the region -if I remember correctly -and of course the safety was tall -and relatively fast -two-sport athlete/senior leader…Two new offensive lineman as well? And freshman QB and running back, unless they will be signing with Alabama someday, will not be better than average for the region. And I say all of this as a fan, forrest is my second favorite team! :-)

48 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

if there needed to be another reason to loathe Eli as a coach (there isn't), it's that he lost to Cascade in 2020. 

Minus that defeat, since 2013, Forrest has outscored Cascade 285--79 (avg score 41-11 over almost A DECADE).

But in 2020 they lost 17-14. Just an abysmal notch on Eli's belt. Horrific. 

Hearing Homer talk it sounds like 22 may be an added loss to that record

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

It’s a pick-em game this season imho -after reading Salem’s report, it will likely come down to which team is at full strength when they meet—in addition to the transfer loss we just endured, our best overall player is injured/questionable for the season opener…Cascade has about 4 players that they cannot replace if they were to go down…On a bright note, starting MLB Crouch is finally rounding into game form following last season’s season-ending injury (injury came 1 week before the Forrest game) —The defense is better this season, offense has more potential, kicking game is worse, special teams defense and returns will be better. Gonna be fun! Salem, after your last post, consider changing your name to ForrestHomer! 

5 hours ago, cascadehomer said:

Sounds good in theory -But I would have to assume that the new linebacker and new safety will not be as good as last season,- the linebacker last season was defensive player of the year for the region -if I remember correctly -and of course the safety was tall -and relatively fast -two-sport athlete/senior leader…Two new offensive lineman as well? And freshman QB and running back, unless they will be signing with Alabama someday, will not be better than average for the region. And I say all of this as a fan, forrest is my second favorite team! :-)

Linebacker replacement is a bigger, faster, stronger & more athletic player. If he's healthy it may be an upgrade.  Safety replacement could be #9.  DC gets to decide if he wants two studs at safety to help younger corners or if he wants one lock down corner and one inexperienced safety.   Defense is fine regardless.

Freshman QB will be a good one. Freshman RB will be 3rd string but he looked good against Macon's first defense. Your 2nd favorite team will be OK this year. 

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Homer better focus on Moore County or he will be embarrassed in Lynchburg in 2 weeks. 

23 minutes ago, cascadehomer said:

It’s a pick-em game this season imho -after reading Salem’s report, it will likely come down to which team is at full strength when they meet—in addition to the transfer loss we just endured, our best overall player is injured/questionable for the season opener…Cascade has about 4 players that they cannot replace if they were to go down…On a bright note, starting MLB Crouch is finally rounding into game form following last season’s season-ending injury (injury came 1 week before the Forrest game) —The defense is better this season, offense has more potential, kicking game is worse, special teams defense and returns will be better. Gonna be fun! Salem, after your last post, consider changing your name to ForrestHomer! 

Good stuff man. Hope you tear it up this season. Be interested to see how your game with Forrest turns out. Good luck.

13 minutes ago, Salem said:

Linebacker replacement is a bigger, faster, stronger & more athletic player. If he's healthy it may be an upgrade.  Safety replacement could be #9.  DC gets to decide if he wants two studs at safety to help younger corners or if he wants one lock down corner and one inexperienced safety.   Defense is fine regardless.

Freshman QB will be a good one. Freshman RB will be 3rd string but he looked good against Macon's first defense. Your 2nd favorite team will be OK this year. 

Homer better focus on Moore County or he will be embarrassed in Lynchburg in 2 weeks. 

Moore County has come on strong the last few years it looks like.

16 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Moore County has come on strong the last few years it looks like.

One big group of athletic seniors is all you need in 1A and 2A and that's what they had in 2020.  They were great that season but way down last year. This junior class they have is solid so they should be much better in 2022.