2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

On 4/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, cascadehomer said:

& I’m not one to talk a lot of stuff—wait for it…wait for it—-But, the Champions have a new defensive coordinator-a former assistant for Alabama-the Alabama —as in Roll tide, ya bunch of Rockettes 

Coach won't make any difference unless he's on the field making tackles.  

On 4/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, cascadehomer said:

Well the rich get richer-word on the mean streets of Wartrace is that a 3 sport athlete, one who ran all over Forrest in a victory in his sophomore season, will rejoin the football team for his senior season. I’m predicting lots of post-season awards for him—if not region mvp, then likely offensive mvp, definitely Running back of the blankety blank year!

Only player who had any success in that game for Cascade should be a 21 year old junior in college next season. You might want to rewatch that game before you post anymore predictions. 

On 4/20/2022 at 1:47 PM, Salem said:

Coach won't make any difference unless he's on the field making tackles.  

Only player who had any success in that game for Cascade should be a 21 year old junior in college next season. You might want to rewatch that game before you post anymore predictions. 

Silly comment—coaching certainly matters.

The broader point is that a kid who would easily be the starting RB for Forrest, has returned to the Champion roster for his senior season.  Fast, shifty, and big.

On 4/21/2022 at 3:32 PM, cascadehomer said:

The broader point is that a kid who would easily be the starting RB for Forrest, has returned to the Champion roster for his senior season.  Fast, shifty, and big.

if ANYONE but Eli were head coach, i would say we'd stomp you. but i cannot 

On 4/21/2022 at 3:32 PM, cascadehomer said:

I didn't say coaching didn't matter. The only Cascade victory in the football series in memory definitely came down to coaching. In fact many players on that team had never lost to Cascade in a football game in their lives. Going back to junior pro and kindergarten flag games. Most of those games weren't even close. You keep saying the series is tied 1-1 over the last 2 years. That's technically correct but Cascade hasn't been competitive in this series in a decade at any level. 

I did say a new DC for Cascade won't matter in this game unless he is making tackles. Not much defensive strategy goes into stopping the Forrest offense. Every team crowds the line and blitzes where the guards pull from. One day we will adjust to it.

What number is this all American running back? All our starting backs are breathing a sigh of relief he didn't transfer over here and take their spots. 

3 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

if ANYONE but Eli were head coach, i would say we'd stomp you. but i cannot 

Other than 2019 not much stomping has gone on around here in 6 years.  We have totally dominated teams and only been ahead 7 points in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 1:17 PM, Salem said:

I didn't say coaching didn't matter. The only Cascade victory in the football series in memory definitely came down to coaching. In fact many players on that team had never lost to Cascade in a football game in their lives. Going back to junior pro and kindergarten flag games. Most of those games weren't even close. You keep saying the series is tied 1-1 over the last 2 years. That's technically correct but Cascade hasn't been competitive in this series in a decade at any level. 

I did say a new DC for Cascade won't matter in this game unless he is making tackles. Not much defensive strategy goes into stopping the Forrest offense. Every team crowds the line and blitzes where the guards pull from. One day we will adjust to it.

What number is this all American running back? All our starting backs are breathing a sigh of relief he didn't transfer over here and take their spots. 

Other than 2019 not much stomping has gone on around here in 6 years.  We have totally dominated teams and only been ahead 7 points in the 4th quarter. 

It's two schools with similar size student body & demographics so it's surprising for me to learn about the forrest dominance. I think those days are over based on the influx of talent i've seen the past 2 years.

#10 - btw i was reminded that he was hobbled with an ankle injury for several games so honestly not sure how he performed in the great victory of 2020- but boy when he was healthy- he was running wild-Now, he's two yrs older & perhaps he was in jail last year learning football from an ex-NFL running back who put him through drills daily-of this i'm not sure-- but it's possible. Certainly, as expected, he's bigger/faster than he was as a sophomore.  

Of note, Last season's safety/receiver -who had the highlight catch over the forrest secondary-looks noticeably bigger & is expected to help fill the inmon void by taking on a larger role on offense. Additionally, the new transfer QB has been getting rave reviews from champion personnel.  The other big transfer looks mean as a snake--I hear that he's actually a nice guy outside of football- but I don't believe it.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, cascadehomer said:

My picks:

1. Cascade

2. Forrest

3. Richland

4. Summertown

5. Mt. Pleasant

6. Loretto

With the Richland Qb requiring Tommy John surgery, & Summertown’s coaching change, time for a revision:

1. Cascade 

2. Forrest 

3. Summertown 

4. Mt. Pleasant 

5. Richland 

6. Loretto 

On 5/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, cascadehomer said:

With the Richland Qb requiring Tommy John surgery, & Summertown’s coaching change, time for a revision:

1. Cascade 

2. Forrest 

3. Summertown 

4. Mt. Pleasant 

5. Richland 

6. Loretto 

Is Cascade having a spring game this year? Richland's senior group last year was one of the best to come through the school and they didn't make the playoffs. The QB was their top returning player. Summertown's #24 will be back. He's listed as a top LB prospect  in the state.  I would have sworn he was a senior last year. @vandyfan1  ?  Mt. Pleasant is the dark house again this year. Some good players return and they had tough luck with injuries in 2021. 

On 5/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, cascadehomer said:

1. Cascade 

2. Forrest 

3. Summertown 

4. Mt. Pleasant 

5. Richland 

6. Loretto 

I would love to see MP make a run for 1st or 2nd in the region. We will beat Richland, Loretto, and Summertown and will compete with Cascade and Forrest but with that being said we have a curse. all athletics have struggled under the current Administration  with all their hype, hashtags, and annual coaching changes. look for football to break that streak this fall. Go Tigers