Kenwood Struggles

Tross

It sounds like your a dearing fan and cannot except that mj is progressing without one of the best players in the area. Being 3-0 against avg. teams after winning all but 5 games last year and without helton. We are better than avg. Lavergne wins 2 weak games and they get ranked. What are your credentials to rank teams? If those 2 kids from kenwood are superstars like you say then, them two alone should beat an AVG. team. :D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now everybody knows two players teams (Sampson & Harris) (Townley & Haynes) (Frederick & Bradley) can't win BIG Games thats just how it is, But it still early in the season, Kansas lost to North Carolina, than to Florida, but let me tell you they will be in the sweet 16,

Please wait till these teams play each other than we will see, How can a team be over-rated when the season just starting-CFAN if you knew just lil about b-ball you would know that,

GOMAB is right players play for different systems sometime you better take a good look at the coach and his system !!! Please talk when they play each other thats when the rubber will meet the road,

I'll say this Right now Reed & Carter look great, but so does their supporting Cast... it aint over until the Fat Lady start singing, she warmimg-up but its a long Season.

North-eAST lOOKING GREAT RIGHT Now so Support North -East, I love the way Carter is playing, the way a leader should play - taking Charge, C-Fan it aint always the players when it comes to wins & loses. its a long season a-head.....remember that!!!?????????

This is for MJBear12 in reference to LaVergne. We will see which of the teams that each team has played (MJ & LHS) end up at the end of the year my friend. Thanks for the info to put up on the locker room bulletin board. The good thing is that these two teams will get to play at least twice this year.

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Crossup,

You are right! All these teams play eachother and that is when the story will be told. So my question to Gomab will be this when Northeast pounds Kenwood by 20 and Carter and Reed outplay Sampson and Harris will the latter still be better because of what they did in AAU, or because Carter and Reed are "system players" that just get off because how Cooper plays them. Well last I checked Sampson is averaging around 6 points a game. But they will roll the balls out very soon. Good luck to all.

Of course this won't change anything in my mind, unless these duos actually go head to head and show the dominance.... but Northeast will press, and they will zone, which will win them the game by 30+ points..... There will be no head to head matchups. NE knows the Kenwood guards can't handle the rock, so they will be pressed, then zoned, because they can't shoot either.... That's why this is a "team game"....

-As for Sampson, he is averaging just 7ppg, but played only 4 minutes vs Goodpasture due to a Coach's decision. Against Mt Juliet, he was limited with a 1st quarter ankle injury, added to the Mt Juliet zone..... Sampson has played post all year, and hasn't had the opportunity to get on the wing yet this season.... How well would a great player like Drake do if he were to play only post??? It would completely hinder his game.....

-Take it like this: IF the duos were switched, and Harris and Sampson played for Northeast this year, NE would be a state title contender, rather than just a district title contender. If they just had a system OR a guard like Graylin (not to mention the other NE guards, who are talented), that group would be AMAZING.....

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Gomab,

First of all in Northeast five guard startinbg lineup Drake Reed has played post 85% of the time, and as everyone can see it has not hindered his game at all. And as far as switching teams. I don't think swithcing duos would make them a state contender. But we all have opinions like I previously stated and yours is not law! The way you are on here putting down Reed and Carter and saying they can't hang with Sampson and Harris. It is a wonder they play AAU for you. And knowing Carl Reed I would be shocked if he let his brother continue playing for you this summer it would be alot of teams who would love to have Drake.

Carl, calm down, man.... I thought we could have some fun discussing the better duo without getting personal. I never said anything bad about Drake or Calvin; I like both kids, and feel they are very good player. I am pleased to have had the chance to coach Drake, and have Calvin in the program. This is not a knock against those two. I just absolutely love Sampson and Harris, and those two are simply WARRIORS, and have been with me for a while. As far as the argument goes, I have stepped out of bounds, and backed up my opinions with facts (teammates, % scoring, all 6 Showcase opinions, freedom of systems, etc)....... But, come on now, Carl, let's keep this positive......

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Whoa Gomab,

Who said I was Carl? I believe he posts under Coach Reed! So you are way out of bounds with that one. I just said for four guys to have played for you, you sure seem down on the other two. But if you thought I was Carl you are dead wrong man. I take classes with Carl at APSU and he gives me his opinion just like you give yours on this board and I give mine. But ask him if he knows Sam? Well anyway guys keep ballin but Gomab you need help.

Cfan....it's all cool, but I have known for a long time that you are a coach in the Ballerz program..... And no, I am not down on two players from the Ballerz program, but I am very, very high on the two Kenwood boys, and those two have gone to war for me time after time in big games and been absolute monsters..... I'll look for Drake to do the same thing this spring and summer, though he will be under you directly..... So best of luck to "Lil Marion", "Silky", "Cow-head", and "St. Louis"......

hey whoever is posting under my name really needs to stop---i have absolutly nothing but love for coach dearing and wish him the most success---second, i dont even know who lavergne has played this year--im more worried about our team

and finally--i dont even know what credentials mean so please whoever is postin under my name please stop cause your prolly gonna end up gettin me in trouble

p.s.--coach d, give me a call with your schedule--i wanna come check a game