Lake county head coach position

truefalconfan

On 4/21/2022 at 9:16 PM, truefalconfan said:

Well hopefully with the current director of schools retiring this summer maybe we'll get a director that will reevaluate the coaching supplement for all sports. It's definitely something that should have been done years ago. I'll never believe the "we don't have the money" bs! That's not true at all. They spend money on things that aren't needed in my honest opinion 

You fans need to speak to your board, not the DOS, as many people have the wrong impression of chain of command and duties...people don't hesitate to ask their board member for "favors" concerning hiring of employees and other day to day operational tasks over which they have no (other than the "good 'ol boy system) control, but salaries and the budget they DO control. A good DOS and School Board work together and try to agree on these things, but ultimately the decision lies with the board on the coach's salary regardless of the Director of School's wishes.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I just saw cornersville is looking for a new HC. Randolph isn't coming to LC is he 

No, he's not. Information relayed to me is that his son plays for Marshall County and that he accepted an assistant position there to be present for his games. Sad for Cornersville, but nobody should feel hard for his decision...for the really good ones family always comes first, but still had to be hard to leave his kids at Cornersville.

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

No, he's not. Information relayed to me is that his son plays for Marshall County and that he accepted an assistant position there to be present for his games. Sad for Cornersville, but nobody should feel hard for his decision...for the really good ones family always comes first, but still had to be hard to leave his kids at Cornersville.

Yeah I didn't figure he was but I did think he'd leave for another HC position. Tough for Cornersville but it's part of the life in small classification football. 

53 minutes ago, truefalconfan said:

There's no telling who we will end up with, its all probably predicated on who the board elects Friday night as the new county scools superintendent. However from what is floating around its going to be brett johnson so the scheduled "public meeting" Friday at 5 is all a formality and this information was shared with me by a sitting board member. I just don't understand their thinking. The requirements for the position was masters in administration but DOCTORATE in education preferred. We have two highly qualified applicants dr. Woody burton from Dickson Co schools and Dr. Roderick payne from Jackson Madison County schools. How can you pick someone whose only taught p.e. and coached basketball over people as qualified as these two men are? Good Ole small town politics is the reason lake county schools are dying and will continue to do so. Inept leadership and board members with no forward thinking to the future. Sad sad sad 

I'm hearing the same thing that it's just a formality as to Bret getting the job.

8 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I'm hearing the same thing that it's just a formality as to Bret getting the job.

But don't know anything about the other two gentlemen.Im sure they'd be great but who knows?Last time,LC hired someone outside was a disaster.At least Bret has been around sports and will be more supportive.And at least been at LC a long time.Unlike some people that says how great it is at LCand it's home and it's not always greener pastures somewhere else.

Edited by mrbigster

Truth is,anyone gets this job has a legit chance at winning a state title.I personally think it's McKenzie and LC on our end.Could be Trenton and Mckenzie.LC has about 5 running backs that can start at lot of places.I think the LC famous donkey could coach this group next few years and be a contender.Doubt he'd come back but I'd personally like to see Coach Barger come back and if Bret gets that job,Dawn take back over the boys basketball team.I know he's close to athletic director at LC who does a great job and hoping if Bret does get it,may make them think about it.Great chance at a title.Just my opinion.

Edited by mrbigster