Lake county head coach position

truefalconfan

7 hours ago, mrbigster said:

But don't know anything about the other two gentlemen.Im sure they'd be great but who knows?Last time,LC hired someone outside was a disaster.At least Bret has been around sports and will be more supportive.And at least been at LC a long time.Unlike some people that says how great it is at LCand it's home and it's not always greener pastures somewhere else.

True, but even out history of hiring!  from within nothing has been accomplished in out school system: continued enrollment loss, rapidly aging facilities etc. The last "outsider" that made strides here was Joey Hassell. Just because you're from lake county doesn't mean you're the best or most qualified choice. Most board members want an insider because it's somebody you know and are more likely to control ijs

They made a mistake this time. Hopefully the principal will do the right thing and hire a coach that wants to come to LC and this coach had lot of success here. The kids respected this coach. Funny feeling the power to be in LC will try to stop this coach from coming back but the biggest part of the people want. Who wins politics or the people? 

19 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

They made a mistake this time. Hopefully the principal will do the right thing and hire a coach that wants to come to LC and this coach had lot of success here. The kids respected this coach. Funny feeling the power to be in LC will try to stop this coach from coming back but the biggest part of the people want. Who wins politics or the people? 

I hope they have interviews and hire a coach that wants to be here.Most any coach could have had a winning record the past 4 or 5 years at Lake Co.And whoever comes should have a great  chance at winning.Ive heard rumors and it's not like this coach coming back ,if he does,is going to be a miracle worker and put LC at top of mountain cause most any coach coming in should win next several seasons.

7 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I hope they have interviews and hire a coach that wants to be here.Most any coach could have had a winning record the past 4 or 5 years at Lake Co.And whoever comes should have a great  chance at winning.Ive heard rumors and it's not like this coach coming back ,if he does,is going to be a miracle worker and put LC at top of mountain cause most any coach coming in should win next several seasons.

But I would like Coach Barger to come back if it's a former coach.And Dawn take over for Bret and give them a raise.

3 hours ago, MondaymornQB said:

You people have all lost your minds 

Why would you say that?Truefalcon made some valid points..LC 68 has his opinions and I respect that.If LC hires who I think he's referring too,it's ok.Nothing a fan can do.I have my opinion.I hear rumors a certain coach wants to come back.Im sure many hope he does.I just don't feel the same whether he left about money or whatever.Dont feel like he was honest with everyone.Just my opinion.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:31 AM, truefalconfan said:

True, but even out history of hiring!  from within nothing has been accomplished in out school system: continued enrollment loss, rapidly aging facilities etc. The last "outsider" that made strides here was Joey Hassell. Just because you're from lake county doesn't mean you're the best or most qualified choice. Most board members want an insider because it's somebody you know and are more likely to control ijs

Just read LC hired an outsider for superintendent  job.Hope he's sports minded and not just about academics and budgets.Knows lots of things are important ,just hope he also is into sports.

5 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Just read LC hired an outsider for superintendent  job.Hope he's sports minded and not just about academics and budgets.Knows lots of things are important ,just hope he also is into sports.

They did and the VAST majority of people in lake county are glad we have an "OUTSIDER" as superintendent now. I've always liked bret Johnson however the requirements explicitly said masters degree required,DOCTORATE preferred and they hired a guy with the necessary requirements. Most of the people complaining about it on Facebook live in Lake county but send their kids to black oak. Dyer County etc. Many are upset because they fear their clique is going to be broken up as it should be. Bret has been here 27 years but what ideas has he proposed that has been adopted by the board and in use today? Time and years of service do not equate to leadership capabilities period. One former coach's wife is all over facebook butt hurt because apparently Johnson had already offered him the head coaching  boys basketball job before he even got the director's job

On 5/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, truefalconfan said:

They did and the VAST majority of people in lake county are glad we have an "OUTSIDER" as superintendent now. I've always liked bret Johnson however the requirements explicitly said masters degree required,DOCTORATE preferred and they hired a guy with the necessary requirements. Most of the people complaining about it on Facebook live in Lake county but send their kids to black oak. Dyer County etc. Many are upset because they fear their clique is going to be broken up as it should be. Bret has been here 27 years but what ideas has he proposed that has been adopted by the board and in use today? Time and years of service do not equate to leadership capabilities period. One former coach's wife is all over facebook butt hurt because apparently Johnson had already offered him the head coaching  boys basketball job before he even got the director's job

Really? Former coach ? I was ok myself if Bret got it or Mike Moore.Thats just me oersonally.I hate LC keeps losing students.But if they have the money to send their kids to Dyer Co ,Central or Dyersburg as high as gas is,then so be it.And take a chance of driving in bad weather lots of days.LC is a small community that has a great sports history and I've seen years where the stands are full in football and basketball.Things have changed since I was there.Have baseball team,softball,volleyball.Hope that continues.

5 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Really? Former coach ? I was ok myself if Bret got it or Mike Moore.Thats just me oersonally.I hate LC keeps losing students.But if they have the money to send their kids to Dyer Co ,Central or Dyersburg as high as gas is,then so be it.And take a chance of driving in bad weather lots of days.LC is a small community that has a great sports history and I've seen years where the stands are full in football and basketball.Things have changed since I was there.Have baseball team,softball,volleyball.Hope that continues.

you're exactly right! Lake County's football attendance the last 2 years has been terrible in my opinion. However, as you said, Lake County is a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber program but the facilities, especially the football field, do not reflect that at all. The restrooms are outdated, the sound system is terrible, the home stands can use some definite attention as well as the press boxes. We have a concession stand on the west end of the field that has been idled for well over 25 years that could easily put back into service but hasnt been. Maybe, just maybe, with a new perspective, new set of eyes we can get some major upgrades done to our stadium, as well as the school itself! They've talked about putting a new roof and new windows on the high school which is senseless in my opinion. Hopefully, the new director, and some county commissioners will stand up and stop it and at least proceed with new school construction, not renovations on a 60 year old building