Don Pitt leaving Greenfield

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, ysoangry said:

And Greenfield has another new head coach, two weeks after hiring one.. Rice decided to stay at his current position. They hired Obion County's offensive coordinator. 

Probably a smart move as far as winning.Probabky listened to his Dad's advice.He will get better opportunities by waiting.

This has happened 2 times in Weakley County in the past 3 years. Talk about putting a team and administration in a bad spot. For two weeks they thought they had their guy just for him to jump ship and they have to start a new search. You have to wonder if any others were passed up for this job that had to be contacted again. "We didn't want you before but we really like you now". I'm not too sure I would be too interested in a job that I was the 2nd choice a coup of weeks ago. Does this hurt Rice's future opportunities at a head coaching job? Coaches preach commitment and team all of the time but it doesn't always seem like it applies to them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, woodsandwater said:

This has happened 2 times in Weakley County in the past 3 years. Talk about putting a team and administration in a bad spot. For two weeks they thought they had their guy just for him to jump ship and they have to start a new search. You have to wonder if any others were passed up for this job that had to be contacted again. "We didn't want you before but we really like you now". I'm not too sure I would be too interested in a job that I was the 2nd choice a coup of weeks ago. Does this hurt Rice's future opportunities at a head coaching job? Coaches preach commitment and team all of the time but it doesn't always seem like it applies to them.

I've been hiring for decades.  The person doing the hiring knowing what he/she is doing can go a long way toward avoiding these things from happening.