Polk 2022

Polk04

2 hours ago, TheCommander said:

Blaster you heard of anyone else they’re considering besides the “stache?”

I haven't been trying to get more information. I know when DD resigned last time only Brewer had applied. I couldn't imagine anyone this late applying with so little time before the season. 

5 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Alcoa---Now that is a reach.....They played CAK close many moons ago....when Polk had one their really good teams and DD had a great game-plan to give the Wildcats a fighting chance.

In any case, not re-hiring Coach would set just be a vindictive action by the Director of Schools and School Board. What has Polk County done without Larry or Derrick Davis.....? Coach is Red and Blue all the way.....Who are they going to hire that is better? When DD has had good and even average players, he is going to be competitive. It is small rural high school football, it has its ups and downs. Coach has had a lot more ups than downs. Got a great place to play, wonderful atmosphere for Friday Night football....For all that is holy, bring the "stach" back to the home sidelines at Larry Davis Stadium 

Very well said I can't add anything to that. 

5 hours ago, Charger64 said:

Alcoa---Now that is a reach.....They played CAK close many moons ago....when Polk had one their really good teams and DD had a great game-plan to give the Wildcats a fighting chance.

In any case, not re-hiring Coach would set just be a vindictive action by the Director of Schools and School Board. What has Polk County done without Larry or Derrick Davis.....? Coach is Red and Blue all the way.....Who are they going to hire that is better? When DD has had good and even average players, he is going to be competitive. It is small rural high school football, it has its ups and downs. Coach has had a lot more ups than downs. Got a great place to play, wonderful atmosphere for Friday Night football....For all that is holy, bring the "stach" back to the home sidelines at Larry Davis Stadium 

I know 2010 Polk was exceptionally good and did compete with Alcoa

41 minutes ago, Blaster7 said:

I haven't been trying to get more information. I know when DD resigned last time only Brewer had applied. I couldn't imagine anyone this late applying with so little time before the season. 

I dont think Davis is exactly the right move I just dont think his brand of football is what kids play for anymore I personally believe they need someone new that knows football, kids would play for, and could help them win 

28 minutes ago, TheOneRiddler said:

I dont think Davis is exactly the right move I just dont think his brand of football is what kids play for anymore I personally believe they need someone new that knows football, kids would play for, and could help them win 

The staches style of play is certainly outdated a few years. I love the style of play but it’s hard to compete at a high level with that style of play anymore.

I'm not sure many knew of the job being open. How was word spread they were looking for a coach? Was it on the TSSAA website? As blaster posted, DDs brand isn't the style this generation desires. They are exposed to high flying uptempo high scoring offenses on Saturdays and Sundays. To go from that excitement to slow paced wing, is not the best way to recruit the hallways and there are some kids walking that school that could contribute. That being said is there anyone he could bring kn staff to possibly change the offense, and if not DD, is there any incentive for someone to take the Polk job? Admin support, funding, pay, or daily schedule? How do they stack up against other local schools? Would it benefit an assista t at another school to apply and get it or would that possibly ruin a person's coaching career? So many questions, but the big one is, did they even bother putting effort into getting applications or were their minds made up before Brewer stepping down was released to the public?

59 minutes ago, RowdyCowboy said:

I'm not sure many knew of the job being open. How was word spread they were looking for a coach? Was it on the TSSAA website? As blaster posted, DDs brand isn't the style this generation desires. They are exposed to high flying uptempo high scoring offenses on Saturdays and Sundays. To go from that excitement to slow paced wing, is not the best way to recruit the hallways and there are some kids walking that school that could contribute. That being said is there anyone he could bring kn staff to possibly change the offense, and if not DD, is there any incentive for someone to take the Polk job? Admin support, funding, pay, or daily schedule? How do they stack up against other local schools? Would it benefit an assista t at another school to apply and get it or would that possibly ruin a person's coaching career? So many questions, but the big one is, did they even bother putting effort into getting applications or were their minds made up before Brewer stepping down was released to the public?

I never seen it posted on the TSSAA website. Maybe I missed it.

4 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I never seen it posted on the TSSAA website. Maybe I missed it.

That could explain why there hasn't been many applicants. Which would also prevent any discussion of potential qualified candidates. If the school board won't let DD take over, they just wasted an opportunity to get applications in and start the review process, even if their minds were made up. Should have had a plan B if plan DD doesn't work. 

9 minutes ago, RowdyCowboy said:

That could explain why there hasn't been many applicants. Which would also prevent any discussion of potential qualified candidates. If the school board won't let DD take over, they just wasted an opportunity to get applications in and start the review process, even if their minds were made up. Should have had a plan B if plan DD doesn't work. 

Maybe they do have another idea.

43 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Out of curiosity is he unhappy at Rhea?

I don't think so he's unhappy but Polk is his home and dream job. Just the way things went with he administration soured that. I personally would love to see him back as I've said before. He cares for the kids and I know the offense is definitely old school but Davis does get a lot out of very little being a small school. Time will tell I guess. I know when my youngest starts playing if this isn't straighten out with the administration my he will be playing in Bradley county. Been looking to move all my kids to that school system anyways. Nothing against the teachers at all but the way it's run is a complete joke. Sorry for the rant towards the end. 

• Like 1