Huntingdon Mustangs 2022

MustangGuru

Football is just around the corner!

Very eager to see how this year's team will bounce back from last year! Huge voids to fill with the departure of Cade Woods, Aiden Hutcherson, and Blake Reeves.  lots of bodies to replace on the line as well. However we do have several returns. We will be young for sure. Tayshawn Rivers who is a 2 year starter is out for the season with a Torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and meniscus. Gray Eubanks, will be a closely watched by all teams this year!

Summer activity - 7 on 7 today McKenzie

7 on 7 at HHS on June 24

Scrimmage on July 29th - opponent TBD

Scrimmage on August 5 VS Covington @ HHS

Jamboree @ Lexington on August 12

OPENING GAME AUGUST 19 VS MCKENZIE. 

Ready for the season to start! 

8 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

Very eager to see how this year's team will bounce back from last year! Huge voids to fill with the departure of Cade Woods, Aiden Hutcherson, and Blake Reeves.  lots of bodies to replace on the line as well. However we do have several returns. We will be young for sure. Tayshawn Rivers who is a 2 year starter is out for the season with a Torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and meniscus. Gray Eubanks, will be a closely watched by all teams this year!

7 on 7 at HHS on June 24

What teams are participating in the 7 on 7 ?

18 minutes ago, MustangGuru said:

7 on 7 at HHS on June 24

Dang I hate to hear that about Rivers

On 6/16/2022 at 1:41 PM, MustangGuru said:

7 on 7 at HHS on June 24

Sorry to hear about the injury to your player. Hate to see that happen to any kid. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is the youngest Warbritton getting any reps at qb or on offense this year since brothers where back to back mr. football finalists at that position I’d hope he would at least get a shot. I think he lead team in ints last year as a freshman. They say he is the best athlete out of the three. 

Edited by horse

On 7/8/2022 at 9:29 PM, horse said:

Is the youngest Warbritton getting any reps at qb or on offense this year since brothers where back to back mr. football finalists at that position I’d hope he would at least get a shot. I think he lead team in ints last year as a freshman. They say he is the best athlete out of the three. 

As good as Eubanks was last year idk man. 

6 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

As good as Eubanks was last year idk man. 

Just wondering if you seen Mustangs play last year? Had two good senior running backs he was handing the ball off to.  qb play was not up to par with years pass. I know he was a freshman playing qb but this year without the two senior running backs I don’t know if he can make the plays. Because Huntingdon won’t have a back that can take over a game this year. 

Edited by horse

2 hours ago, horse said:

Just wondering if you seen Mustangs play last year? Had two good senior running backs he was handing the ball off to.  qb play was not up to par with years pass. I know he was a freshman playing qb but this year without the two senior running backs I don’t know if he can make the plays. Because Huntingdon won’t have a back that can take over a game this year. 

Saw a few. McKenzie Peabody and a bit of the Westview game. The one I remember most was Peabody. And he looked as good of a passer as I've seen in Huntingdon. Can't recall him using his legs too much tbh. But it just seems like it'd make more sense to use warbritton as rb if you're that short on ball carriers.

11 hours ago, horse said:

Just wondering if you seen Mustangs play last year? Had two good senior running backs he was handing the ball off to.  qb play was not up to par with years pass. I know he was a freshman playing qb but this year without the two senior running backs I don’t know if he can make the plays. Because Huntingdon won’t have a back that can take over a game this 

Mustangs don't have many seniors on this years squad. Gonna be a pretty young team. We could use a little more speed. The coaches are talking us down. That's a pretty good indication that were going to be allright. Junior and sophomore classes have good numbers and talent. We may not have great team but we should be pretty competitive. As usual you better bring you're lunch when you face us!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, horse said:

From my understanding, Eubanks will be remaining at his QB position. Warbritton getting a chance to prove himself in the backfield rotation. Especially now with Rivers out for the season, it opens up a door for a younger RB to step up. I am also hearing that Senior Elijah Flowers will be running the ball quite a bit as well and has impressed the coaches.