LA vs Father Ryan Scrimmage

theawesomebro

3 hours ago, cbg said:

IMO, for Father Ryan to get to where they are able to really compete with he best teams they must completely change their approach.  The Board of Trust, administration, parents and alumni must make the decision that they will do what it takes to win.  

Just so dang hard for Ryan, cpa, LA, mba, ensworth, BA to all be elite…..BGA and FRA will get a few players too.  You guys are good…but good right now may still end up with a losing record…I don’t know what the answer is but having a private school in green hills is pretty much like being in the SEC.

1 hour ago, Flea21 said:

Just so dang hard for Ryan, cpa, LA, mba, ensworth, BA to all be elite  

Exactly!  Other than getting every Catholic kid, what else should FRHS be doing? And what can they do to attract a kid from the aforementioned schools? 

Edited by JRB

1 hour ago, JRB said:

Exactly!  Other than getting every Catholic kid, what else should FRHS be doing? And what can they do to attract a kid from the aforementioned schools? 

Its a great question…Lipscomb was in a similar spot and lucked in to Trent…otherwise they would in the same situation.

don’t think this has been talked about but why would Pjp2 coach go to Fra?  I don’t get that move at all unless a little bit of money plus the thought of maybe 2 divisions in the future with FRA playing down?

2 hours ago, TTate said:

don’t think this has been talked about but why would Pjp2 coach go to Fra?  I don’t get that move at all unless a little bit of money plus the thought of maybe 2 divisions in the future with FRA playing down?

i've wondered that myself.  maybe I am wrong but I think he had more of a shot at being competitive at JP2 in D2AAA than FRA in D2AA.  seems like AAA is kinda down in middle tn right now but AA is on top statewide.

3 hours ago, TTate said:

Coach Geis and the Pope Headmaster (now former Headmaster) did not “see eye to eye” on a few issues.  It is my understanding that opened the door for FRA, who supposedly made a considerable offer, coupled with Coach Geis’ wife is a nurse at FRA and his young boys could attend grade school immediately was enough for him to make the move.

I know the Bishop was very unhappy about losing Coach Geis and started the process that ultimately led to the dismissal of the Headmaster.  Geis was a big loss for Pope. 

22 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

i've wondered that myself.  maybe I am wrong but I think he had more of a shot at being competitive at JP2 in D2AAA than FRA in D2AA.  seems like AAA is kinda down in middle tn right now but AA is on top statewide.

In his interview with the Tennessean he said his two sons are 3rd and 5th graders this year.  He can be close to both boys now rather than wait for the younger son to come of age to attend PJP.  I wondered until I read that and respect his decision.  He may be throwing a larger net as well.  The drive to Hendersonville is not kind to a person living in Nashville unless you are north of the city.  Dropping off in the a.m. and catch traffic coming back….Friday game day would be a killer as well.  He is also open to the I-24 corridor with a pipeline of talent that he had no shot of attracting at PJP.

9 minutes ago, JRB said:

Coach Geis and the Pope Headmaster (now former Headmaster) did not “see eye to eye” on a few issues.  It is my understanding that opened the door for FRA, who supposedly made a considerable offer, coupled with Coach Geis’ wife is a nurse at FRA and his young boys could attend grade school immediately was enough for him to make the move.

I know the Bishop was very unhappy about losing Coach Geis and started the process that ultimately led to the dismissal of the Headmaster.  Geis was a big loss for Pope. 

I got an earful from some reliable sources about the HM.

7 hours ago, Flea21 said:

Just so dang hard for Ryan, cpa, LA, mba, ensworth, BA to all be elite…..BGA and FRA will get a few players too.  You guys are good…but good right now may still end up with a losing record…I don’t know what the answer is but having a private school in green hills is pretty much like being in the SEC.

If you have a losing record you are not good!  Father Ryan competes well outside of their region but struggle to win any games within D2AAA.  Things in the past that have caused major issues is only offering 50% of the financial aid that a student qualifies for and having no bus service for the kids.  I see busses from MBA, Ensworth, Harpeth Hall, etc… running all over both East and North Nashville.  If a school in D2AAA are not great recruiters they will not win.  It’s truly a league of the haves and have nots.  

• Upvote 1