Heritage VS. TKA Scrimmage

rebeldevil

50 minutes ago, rebeldevil said:

What was the outcome and how did the mountaineers measure up. Trying to see what our Rebels will have to deal with in week one.

13-6, Heritage from what I saw on the ol' book of faces this morning. TKA has approximately 24 players from the looks of things.  An old friend of mine attended the scrimmage and he said that HHS was all over the place. Time will tell. 

Edited by ftbllfan23

5 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

13-6, Heritage from what I saw on the ol' book of faces this morning. TKA has approximately 24 players from the looks of things.  An old friend of mine attended the scrimmage and he said that HHS was all over the place. Time will tell. 

Numbers are up for TKA, then. 

Powell went to TKA on the first scrimmage day and TKA only had 17/18 guys dress. Powell only played starter/significant contributors a couple of series, from what i was told. 

And the reason they scrimmaged in the first place was the connection between Matt Lowe and TKA and that TKA's coach is a Powell kid who played for Matt and coached under Matt. 

1 hour ago, HTV said:

Numbers are up for TKA, then. 

Powell went to TKA on the first scrimmage day and TKA only had 17/18 guys dress. Powell only played starter/significant contributors a couple of series, from what i was told. 

And the reason they scrimmaged in the first place was the connection between Matt Lowe and TKA and that TKA's coach is a Powell kid who played for Matt and coached under Matt. 

There's another Powell connection at HHS with one of their new assistant coaches. He apparently coached his one year experience of high school football there last year, but coaches 7on7 in Knox. 

Friday at the jamboree should shed more light on this new staff and 'famous offense'

23 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

There's another Powell connection at HHS with one of their new assistant coaches. He apparently coached his one year experience of high school football there last year, but coaches 7on7 in Knox. 

Friday at the jamboree should shed more light on this new staff and 'famous offense'

Yeah.  The guy who got on Twitter and promised the Powell players he wasn't leaving the program, and then took a job at Heritage a couple of days later.  

25 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yeah.  The guy who got on Twitter and promised the Powell players he wasn't leaving the program, and then took a job at Heritage a couple of days later.  

Yeah, I've heard there were some issues there. Seen some former players calling him out for using the same motivational tactics and so on. But what do you expect? He's not much older than the kids themselves. And they've got him running their weight program, too. It's a questionable decision all around. 

Edited by ftbllfan23
  • Upvote 1

To me it seems useless to scrimmage an 18 man football team knowing they can't even have a real practice unless there was 22 bodies in uniform. TKA still reminds me of their predecessor Harrison Chilhowee the armpit of high school football during it's glory day's with 15 and 16 man football teams that took a whopping every Friday Night for the Gipper.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

To me it seems useless to scrimmage an 18 man football team knowing they can't even have a real practice unless there was 22 bodies in uniform. TKA still reminds me of their predecessor Harrison Chilhowee the armpit of high school football during it's glory day's with 15 and 16 man football teams that took a whopping every Friday Night for the Gipper.

I'm sure it was an attempt at a confidence booster, among other things. There's always an angle, I've noticed. 

The Jamboree on Friday will have every single aspect on display for the entire county. I worry about these boys out there. I sure hope they aren't being promised the moon.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just looked back on the database for high school football. Just looked st the 60s but looked like they held a close rivalry with Tennessee school for the blind then by mid 60s was pretty much getting blown out by everyone including vonore and Friendsville.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Was looking at the high school football database and in 1982 Harrison Chilhowee  went undefeated 8-0, However in 1985 went 0-9 gave up 78 points in one game and 467 in their 9 game season and only scored 18 for the whole season.

Edited by RichyRich

9 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Was looking at the high school football database and in 1982 Harrison Chilhowee  went undefeated 8-0, However in 1985 went 0-9 gave up 78 points in one game and 467 in their 9 game season and only scored 18 for the whole season.

Before Benny Hammons arrived at Gatlinburg Pittman they were also everyone's whipping boy back in the day.