Fayetteville (city) at Watertown

biggest

5 hours ago, Katdaddy said:

I saw alot of qb sweeps .lol

I saw a very young H20 team go toe to toe for the 3rd week in a row with a team that has exceptional athletes. Granted they ran out of steam and the score got away from them late. They won’t face another team this year with a package of athletes like that. Same as last 2 weeks against SC, not athlete wise but quality opponent. I may be wrong but I believe around week 6-7 everyone look back and see just how big these 3 weeks were for this team. Maybe I’m hungover from the purple Powerade Biggest was on earlier in the week who knows. 

1 hour ago, Merlyn said:

I saw a very young H20 team go toe to toe for the 3rd week in a row with a team that has exceptional athletes. Granted they ran out of steam and the score got away from them late. They won’t face another team this year with a package of athletes like that. Same as last 2 weeks against SC, not athlete wise but quality opponent. I may be wrong but I believe around week 6-7 everyone look back and see just how big these 3 weeks were for this team. Maybe I’m hungover from the purple Powerade Biggest was on earlier in the week who knows. 

Agreed. These boys and coachs will keep fighting. Disappointing loss for sure but we will be better for it moving on. You cant turn the ball over like that and expect to win. as great of a defensive staff as we have, short fields and momentum swings are way too much to overcome. Purple tigers will get back on track next week. Im heading over to scout out the blue tigers tonight.

7 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Plus buck sweep but go ahead and enlighten everyone on what you would do differently. 

Can’t really do much different at this point now. Season has already begun, but I do believe if we knew coming in that our QB play was gonna struggle this year that maybe change the offensive scheme or formation of running heavy. Cause them shotgun runs ain’t cutting it. Also hurts when you lose your starting running back. 

2 minutes ago, JasonMyers said:

Can’t really do much different at this point now. Season has already begun, but I do believe if we knew coming in that our QB play was gonna struggle this year that maybe change the offensive scheme or formation of running heavy. Cause them shotgun runs ain’t cutting it. Also hurts when you lose your starting running back. 

Either way they gonna load the box up with 9 guys this year. Just tough all around. 

IMHO we played better than I thought we would. If we drive that ball in at the 2 instead of settling for a field goal ( right choice I believe) and kick the field goal there at the end of the half instead of the 2 bad snaps and int. We are only down 22-19 at the half which I would’ve never thought.

Take the five turnovers away and this would’ve been a winnable game!

The QB will hopefully get better ( first start) and he seemed like a tough kid!

However, I don’t see us throwing it down the field much simply due to his throwing motion and that will hurt us!

On defense we have to do a better job of tackling… had kids in the right place but they simply didn’t make the play.

Again, take the turnovers away and we would’ve had a shot! I 

2 hours ago, Merlyn said:

That purple powerade will sneak up on you! I agree with what you are saying.  Losing Cooper didn't help.  I think we will be fine defensively the sit down slant was there we hit it a couple times. I think buggie,carter ,& Q spoiled us as exceptional athletes that just don't come through our program that often.   I think we can still win the region we've gotten better each week.   P.s. I really hope we get Gordonsville next week 

8 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Sounds like you guys played a quality opponent pretty well. I believe Friendship was a good game for us. Hopefully we gained some experience and will be better for it. I’m sure the same could be said for Watertown. Truthfully, I believe you guys are still the favorites for our region. 

I honestly thought they played City tougher than I thought they would and that our team will be better than I was thinking.

You just can’t have those kind of turnovers against a team as good as City!

3 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

IMHO we played better than I thought we would. If we drive that ball in at the 2 instead of settling for a field goal ( right choice I believe) and kick the field goal there at the end of the half instead of the 2 bad snaps and int. We are only down 22-19 at the half which I would’ve never thought.

Take the five turnovers away and this would’ve been a winnable game!

The QB will hopefully get better ( first start) and he seemed like a tough kid!

However, I don’t see us throwing it down the field much simply due to his throwing motion and that will hurt us!

On defense we have to do a better job of tackling… had kids in the right place but they simply didn’t make the play.

Again, take the turnovers away and we would’ve had a shot! I 

Agreed. Gavin Webster team also seem to improve as the year goes on. Just really gotta sit back and watch. Nothing else we can do. 

8 hours ago, JasonMyers said:

Price wouldn’t be a better option. This team is stuck with bad QB play rest of the year. Going to be tough when teams figure out in 2 series to load the box with 9 men. Going to be very rough year. 

Hopefully he’ll figure it out! I was impressed with his toughness running the ball though.