WB GOVS @ CLINTON DRAGONS

92Dragon

38 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The New Word of the Day at William Blount is Soldier.

Sorry Shad but Robert Soldier your playbook for a copy of The Double Wing for Dummies.

WingT if you have the right kids is tough to defend.GCA always ran it very good.Dont think WB has them.More of the same each week I'm thinking.

And of course I love the TWOTD!LOL.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

WingT if you have the right kids is tough to defend.GCA always ran it very good.Dont think WB has them.More of the same each week I'm thinking.

And of course I love the TWOTD!LOL.

Wing T is a better offense for the smaller schools to run. It's going to be hard to be successful in 5A/6A running the wing-t unless your team is loaded with athletes like Oakland or the great Webb teams used to be.

29 minutes ago, GovForce1 said:

You guys predict a Heritage victory over WB every year. LOL 

The reason I would go with Heritage is that they came to Maryville's field and honestly didn't give up. They did cause some problems here and there and stood toe to toe with the JV team which could beat 60 to 70% of the teams on Heritage or William Blount's schedule. Clinton has got a lot better which I expected but didn't think 41-0 at halftime better. Heritage was down 38-0 and Maryville kicked a 47 yard field goal with one second left in the half. I guess out of sympathy for being down 33 years I may lean closer to Heritage but I do know kids and their families from both teams and hope both sides the best. There was a time back when Heritage started  in 1977 Maryville fans listened to all the hoop wah about how they were going to be the new football king putting all those schools together. That caused most Maryville fans including me to have a hatred for those schools and their fans so deep it wasn't funny. It took nearly 20 years to realize but those two schools eventually turned into a cellar dweller just like the old Everett High School they were spawned from. Now instead of being mad I feel sorry for all that has happened bad to both of those programs over the years. I do know their fans still feel resentment toward Maryville fans which don't bother me at all because you hear it on a bad call during a game or when an agent dad pulls their little all star and moves to Maryville. That's when all the stupid people blow their cover and come out of the wood work with some idiotic story about what Maryville gave them to come there. That's why I personally hate like anything when one of those kids come there and I don't care how good they are it's not worth listening to everyone's comment from Stupidville about what Maryville gave them to come there.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:28 AM, GovForce1 said:

It's amazing how much of a difference it has made in our ability to run the ball. Last year we got zero push. The majority of our carries were for no gain or we even lost a yard or two a lot of times. We even sort of struggled to run the ball against Oliver Springs in 2020. Oddly enough, we had a really good game running the ball against Sevier County a few years ago, but that was mostly because their defense was like my electric magnet football board game I had as a kid where all the little players just moved across the board without any rhyme or reason.

Was Clinton's defense that much better than the other teams William Blount scrimmaged and played in their Jamboree, or did William Blount just have an off night?

From what I heard, WB only had 13 yards rushing. I know sacks play into that average, that's why I'm asking.