DII-A 2022

Kublah

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

No doubt in my mind. Gotta keep our eye on FC - they looked good at TC, while not overlooking TKA. Guessing you guys are watching NC?

I think if they watch their own film they will be fine. Other teams don’t matter unless you clean up your own mistakes. I’d think film showed enough from Friday for those kids to know they can’t play that way and win against every team.  Again, Coach Wade and his staff know what they’re doing, and can tell the kids what they need to do but it’s up to the kids. They have the pieces but you can’t have the multiple turnovers, blown assignments, missed FGs, pick six, drop a pick six, stepping out of bounds while running for a td, alignment mistake that would have given you 1st and goal from the 2, and go 1-7 on trips inside the 30. Some of those happen every game and can be overcome, but not ALL of them. None of those were caused by the other team so their own film is enough right now. Friday the team played like they lost 8 starters from last years team and replaced them with mostly talented 9th and 10th graders who were playing in their first game.  Coach Wade is a future TN Hall of Fame coach but it’s up to the kids to listen and execute. If they do they’ll be fine and no team will be happy to play them in the playoffs. The only caveat is they have to stay healthy. 

Edited by Playerscoach

28 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Congrats MTCC Dad,  I stand corrected its a 6 team race to State!

Thank you! Still have one of our top linemen out and we have to slow down Grace Franklin this week. They hung 46 on Humbolt last week. We also have to work on some basics, too many holding calls, a bad snap, improve communication from the sideline on O.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:46 AM, CougarDadx2 said:

Thank you! Still have one of our top linemen out and we have to slow down Grace Franklin this week. They hung 46 on Humbolt last week. We also have to work on some basics, too many holding calls, a bad snap, improve communication from the sideline on O.

Is it 8 team race now? I'm hearing Columbia Academy also much improved.

17 hours ago, BobbyB said:

Is it 8 team race now? I'm hearing Columbia Academy also much improved.

LOL it may be! GCA caught us flat footed for sure. But credit goes to them, their line dominated us on both sides of the ball. Friendship vs. DCA should be the game of the week. It might clear the water a little?

44 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

LOL it may be! GCA caught us flat footed for sure. But credit goes to them, their line dominated us on both sides of the ball. Friendship vs. DCA should be the game of the week. It might clear the water a little?

I think one A is the most interesting D2 division right now.  more intrigue in AAA than last year but A seems to have quite a few contenders!

Trinity Christian at Fayette Academy should prove to be an interesting game on Thursday. FA coach Mike Hodum was the long time coach at TCA before they hired Blake Butler in 2011. Covid canceled the first two Hodum and TCA meetings. 

TCA is 0-2 after suffering  a heartbreaking loss to Adamsville (36-35) in week one. They then stepped up in class to play ECS dropping a 44-22 decision after TCA had pulled to within 8 points in the 4th quarter before game was lost on turnovers. FA is 2-0 after a 36-30 win over a MS private and a 27-7 win over a weak Halls team. This game should decide 3rd ace in the region barring some upsets later in the year. You can watch this game beginning at 6:30pm on Thursday at https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions/

23 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Trinity Christian at Fayette Academy should prove to be an interesting game on Thursday. FA coach Mike Hodum was the long time coach at TCA before they hired Blake Butler in 2011. Covid canceled the first two Hodum and TCA meetings. 

TCA is 0-2 after suffering  a heartbreaking loss to Adamsville (36-35) in week one. They then stepped up in class to play ECS dropping a 44-22 decision after TCA had pulled to within 8 points in the 4th quarter before game was lost on turnovers. FA is 2-0 after a 36-30 win over a MS private and a 27-7 win over a weak Halls team. This game should decide 3rd ace in the region barring some upsets later in the year. You can watch this game beginning at 6:30pm on Thursday at https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions/

Reitz - good to see you! This should be a good game, but I expect TCA to win.

Final

Trinity Christian 43

Fayette Academy 34

The unofficial stats from this game were staggering. By my tally, both teams combined for 976 yards. TCA 446 FA 530.

Individual numbers (unofficial)

TCA

Lekhy Thompkins 10/195 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.  3 receptions for 30 yards. 225 yards of total offense.  341 yards rushing in his first 3 varsity games. 482 yards total offense in 3 games.

Kade Butler 245 yards passing and 2 scores. 882 yards passing in 3 games.

Brayden Waller 9 receptions, 181 yards 2 scores. 190 yards total offense.

Fayette Academy 

Zane Pike 4 receptions 103 yards. 

Eason Wells 2 receptions  60 yards, 8 rushes 70 yards. 130 yards total offense

Corbin Bowling 10 rushes 99 yards, 190 yards passing, 285 yards total offense. 

Konnor Mains 18 rushes 125 yards.

You can watch the replay of the game here.

https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions/

Edited by ReitzFan

4 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Final

Trinity Christian 43

Fayette Academy 34

The unofficial stats from this game were staggering. By my tally, both teams combined for 976 yards. TCA 446 FA 530.

TCA

Lekhy Thompkins 10/195 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.  3 receptions for 30 yards. 225 yards of total offense.  341 yards rushing in his first 3 varsity games. 482 yards total offense in 3 games.

Fayette Academy 

it's like video game numbers!

15 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Final

Trinity Christian 43

Fayette Academy 34

TCA

Fayette Academy 

#7 is special. It's one thing to be an athletic freak like he obviously is but it's another thing to actually go out there and stick his nose in tackles and blocks like he does with confidence. Imo he was the best player on the field for either team...And he's a freshman and probably only 14. Insane.