Oneida vs Williamsburg

Spike016

3 hours ago, gcapride said:

I know GCA has to have a "sponsor" to pay Diamond Clear to broadcast our football games. I don't believe any of that money ever went to the school or that we ever charged that company a fee to broadcast the games, home or away. I know that the school never charged the radio station to broadcast games. The audacity of the OSSD to think that a radio or stream would keep people away from the games is absurd. I've never heard anybody say "Should we go to the game or watch it on the iPad?" Unless its pouring down the rain, there's no decision to make for 95% of the fans. They're going to the game. What they should've agreed to is to have ads they can run for different activities for the school and actually get some benefit out of the broadcast instead of charging them pennies (which is really what $100/game is)! I stand with you on this one, bud!

$200 for home and AWAY FOOTBALL GAMES!!! $100 for all home and away other sports. Just silly. You’ve saw the amount and quality of coverage our sports get on radio, newspapers and online. It’s unheard of for a small school to have that. They ;IH sports network) invested over $10k just in streaming equipment last year. 

18 hours ago, TheOgre78 said:

Like Crow I'm not an OHS alum but a BIG fan and supporter. Many comments on social media posts from alum were about being very upset about OSSD/this when it came out to the public. A couple of alum were very upset one even called it "shameful", many just did not get their requests as Crow pointed out basically. Like gcapride seeing what happened and feeling it was an audacity.

No matter what I think it reflected badly, but I do not want a bad reflection on the kids, the athletes deserve respect for their hard work. I think IHSN was trying to be respectful but felt disrespected in their efforts after really bad negotiation requests that seemed to want to just end the streaming or at least were so off set that it was not well thought out imho. IHSN just wanted to bring student athletes' efforts to light while helping the school and obviously the network to better improve the streams/content.

Anyway, lol I'm just looking forward to the season, My Big Ones picks are in, I have my channels ready to stream and team color ready to wear!

Go Indians!

The only time you should possibly dislike Oneida is when you're playing against them! Always a first class program

10 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Ain’t been a lick of football talk this week. Just makin sure they were still gonna play :roflol:

Well then talk son. Ain’t nobody on here including me and you knows beans from apple butter about them and they sure don’t have any posters here.