Upperman vs Trousdale

20 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Cheese said Harpeth beat cheatham county last week like 40-0. Is it whites creek or a winless season for the jacket?  Worst season since some time in the 80s??  Would have to at least go back that far I would think. 35-40 years. Maybe much more. 

Cheatham co isn't that good neither is Harpeth or whites creek. TC will be better and improved by the team we play Harpeth and Whites Creek. 

17 minutes ago, MickFoley14 said:

if you are waiting on peewee players to save a hs team, tc is in worse shape than i thought

Talent comes in waves and TC went 32 years without a talent drought I will take that. It will take that long TC Junior high win is the first game this week it's been a few years since junior high has won 2 games. 

10 hours ago, RTD said:

Talent comes in waves and TC went 32 years without a talent drought I will take that. It will take that long TC Junior high win is the first game this week it's been a few years since junior high has won 2 games. 

You guys didn't develop these kids. Stop blaming it on talent. You hired the wrong people in ms ms to coach em.

12 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Disagree that Blake is doing the best he can. Missed tackles all over the place. Delay of game first play after a kick off. Didn’t fair catch or fall on pooch kick off and let Upperman recover. Very sloppy as Blake’s teams have often been esp early in the season 

cheese just announced roster size - Upperman 63, Trousdale 27. Enrollment like 775 to 360.  

Always an excuse at TC.

Enrollment....

36 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

They are missing basic tackles over and over though. Talent is poor for sure but looks like poorly coached team to boot. I wouldn’t chalk up Harpeth and whites creek as wins just yet. 

Look, I get it. The team isn’t good and someone has to be at fault. Coaches know the deal. If you lose you are going to get the blame. If you win, the players generally get the credit. That’s the way it’s always been, and the way it should be. I realize some people blame coaches because they don’t know any better. That’s understandable. Some, unfortunately, know better and just have a personal axe to grind for numerous reasons. 

Consider this though. Hasn’t this team been to the semifinals the prior three years? Maybe the coaches suddenly forgot how to coach over the past summer, coincidentally, at the same time as losing 85% of the starting roster. Yeah, some assistants have come and gone, but the core of coaches is still there. And say what you want about Eden, he is an upgrade that can coach. High expectations are a good thing to have in a football town, but reasonable logic instead of emotional reactions might clear the waters. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Look, I get it. The team isn’t good and someone has to be at fault. Coaches know the deal. If you lose you are going to get the blame. If you win, the players generally get the credit. That’s the way it’s always been, and the way it should be. I realize some people blame coaches because they don’t know any better. That’s understandable. Some, unfortunately, know better and just have a personal axe to grind for numerous reasons. 

Consider this though. Hasn’t this team been to the semifinals the prior three years? Maybe the coaches suddenly forgot how to coach over the past summer, coincidentally, at the same time as losing 85% of the starting roster. Yeah, some assistants have come and gone, but the core of coaches is still there. And say what you want about Eden, he is an upgrade that can coach. High expectations are a good thing to have in a football town, but reasonable logic instead of emotional reactions might clear the waters. 

I'm not a TC or Upperman fan.....but man you just hit the nail on the head with this. From what I can see in our world we live in reasonable logic doesn't really exist lol. 

• Upvote 2