West Ridge welcomes Daniel Boone

83SouthRebel

19 hours ago, NETNSportsFan said:

Going to go with Boone. They left 21 points off the board b/c of penalties but most of that offense line is first year varsity starters. Coaches should get them straightened out this week and put a stop to the holding penalties.  They didn't need those holds to score, but the penalties put them a hole. One TD they ended up scoring a field goal. Another field goal attempted was uncharacteristically missed by the kicker. And the other one called back was poor clock management by coaches as time ran out before the half.  So yes, they only walked away with 3 points from those 3 would-be TDs but the offense looked good getting there the 1st time around.  And Boone's defense- wow. Just smothering. I don't think the young West Ridge offense will know how to handle that. Bryant had a great game against Vol.- but I don't think you can compare Boone's defense with Volunteers.  West Ridge won't be scoring nearly as much this Friday. 

You do realize Boone played a 2A school, right?  I saw the game in person... for a 5A playing a 2A, Boone looked less than impressive to me.

17 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I don't think many teams will score a lot on Boone unless our offense coughs it up inside the 20 a couple of times.         

Question for West Ridge fans....      I have heard that getting in and out of the school is a roadway nightmare, is that true or has it gotten smoothed out?    At one time I heard a rumor that people parked at the old Sullivan Central and rode shuttles over, not sure if that is true or not.      Also, do you guys have that wolf-looking dog mascot again this year?

16 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

The road situation is less than adequate for a school the size of West Ridge. There is more paved parking this year on campus. I got into the campus easily and out easily this past week however there will be more people this week with Boone. Yes the wolf is back and led the team out vs. Volunteer. I think it's a special place to watch a game with the Wolf, Mini-jumbotron and the special affect lights. They do a great job there at West Ridge, hope you all have a safe trip over and go home unhappy. ;)

Even though I am a D-B fan, my daughter goes to West Ridge.  The best route in is to bypass the airport exit, go up to the Sullivan Central exit and hit Shipley Ferry road and take that to the school.  It's longer obviously but you'll get there quicker and get out quicker due to most of the traffic feeding in and out off the airport exit.

16 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Good info, can't wait to see the wolf.    We used to have a guy dressed up like Daniel Boone and carried a musket, but the snowflakes can't handle that now.     I think in some places wolves are a protected species so you guys should be okay for a while.

I originally come from southwest Virginia.  Haysi to be exact.  Back in 1991, we played Lebanon in the state semifinals at home.  Lebanon is the Pioneers.  They had a Pioneer complete with shotgun and everything.  We got throttled to say the least.  After about the 6th time of Lebanon scoring and the Pioneer shooting off his gun, me and a bunch of fans had had enough.  We chased the Pioneer down and tackled him and took his gun and threw it in the woods.  Good times.  :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

I originally come from southwest Virginia.  Haysi to be exact.  Back in 1991, we played Lebanon in the state semifinals at home.  Lebanon is the Pioneers.  They had a Pioneer complete with shotgun and everything.  We got throttled to say the least.  After about the 6th time of Lebanon scoring and the Pioneer shooting off his gun, me and a bunch of fans had had enough.  We chased the Pioneer down and tackled him and took his gun and threw it in the woods.  Good times.  :D

*PLEASE* come to the Boone/Crockett game later this year and sit on our side

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

The best route in is to bypass the airport exit, go up to the Sullivan Central exit and hit Shipley Ferry road and take that to the school.  It's longer obviously but you'll get there quicker and get out quicker due to most of the traffic feeding in and out off the airport exit.

At the volunteer game they had both directions going into the school so it made it a lot quicker. If you go from Shipley Ferry you will park in the grass lot. If you go from the airport exit side you will do towards the back of the school.  Also they will not be doing any shuttle runs to and from Central this year. 

You do not have to go all the way to the Central exit to get on Shipley Ferry. You can get on it at the Airport exit also.  Just go toward airport. It's the better road going to the school. There is a sign. But just as long as you don't wait until the last minute traffic will be fine coming in either way. 

They do a tremendous job with game night. It is a great atmosphere and fun experience. The culture that was created within that school in such a short period of time is simply amazing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

If WR can keep their athletes from moving schools I feel WR will be THE 6A team to beat. Yes I feel they could pass SH and DB...they played both competitive last season but depth hurt WR late.

I'm pulling for WR in all games but this one, especially when they play SH & DB

16 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

If WR can keep their athletes from moving schools I feel WR will be THE 6A team to beat. Yes I feel they could pass SH and DB...they played both competitive last season but depth hurt WR late.

I feel like WR will do anything and everything to cut down on the number of students so they can hang out in 5A, they will not be the long term 6A team in our area.  I see them two more years as 6a after this year, I don't see them at 5a yet for the next 2/4, but I can see them being down in 5A in 4-6 years.