West Ridge welcomes Daniel Boone

83SouthRebel

2 minutes ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Visitors side at J Fred is still inadequate because they let the DB band move over there. Listen I still think J Fred is an awesome place with tons of history but it sucks sitting in the end zone and having to walk down to see the time on the clock. My favorite memory of my dad, who passed away when I was 10 was walking in under the scoreboard and standing and watching the game. My dad loved DB football. As for West Ridge, I think the entire facility is amazing, I just hope they can keep a great product on the field.

Wonderful memories.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:04 AM, DBKPT93 said:

They would have to ship over a ton, I heard from someone they have almost 2,000 kids in school this year. No way they can get those numbers down to get to 5A

I'd put them more in the number of 1800 currently.  I think they'd have to lose another 500 to be down, maybe 400.  Start talking to Sullivan County people about projected numbers/more students going virtual out of district/kids moving to other high schools and I could see them dropping down in 4-6 years.  Yeah, have that built in and drop down and I could see a really good team.

Long story short, Sullivan County should have built 2 new high schools, scrapped East Middle, divided the county like Washington county, then you'd have two more 5a programs to make the current region 1 5a 7 schools instead of 5.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:32 PM, noonesfool said:

Agree. May I add that for decades if a team traveled well and had a good size band……. The away side of J. Fred was  very inadequate.

My thinking several years ago at J Fred was maybe do this instead of an upper deck .Move the baseball field up behind the school . Switch the home side over with a massive new set of stands and press box and give the  visitors the old home stands looking into the sun. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

My thinking several years ago at J Fred was maybe do this instead of an upper deck .Move the baseball field up behind the school . Switch the home side over with a massive new set of stands and press box and give the  visitors the old home stands looking into the sun. 

Lol! That would resemble Greeneville. Home stands facing the sun. Batman, I was told that at one time the Devil’s visitor side was once the home side, true or not?