Covington @ Jackson Northside - 8-26-22

CHARGERFAN

Covington will visit Northside this week. The Covington squad will be looking to erase the bad taste in their mouths from the drubbing that Munford gave them last week, 28-7. If I remember correctly, the 2017 squad lost their opener to Munford, then reeled off 13 straight wins. They played Alcoa for the Gold Ball, losing 31-20. I'm not saying that history will repeat itself, but I am saying that an opening loss to Munford is not a killer for the Charger season.

According to reports I have read, Northside lost their foobtall coach 3 days before their season opener. Hardin County defeated them in that game 36-0.

I remember that Northside played us pretty well in Covington last season. I recall a pretty good running back for them. I don't recall his name, or whether he is back this year.

What's the word on this game, y'all? 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington will visit Northside this week. The Covington squad will be looking to erase the bad taste in their mouths from the drubbing that Munford gave them last week, 28-7. If I remember correctly, the 2017 squad lost their opener to Munford, then reeled off 13 straight wins. They played Alcoa for the Gold Ball, losing 31-20. I'm not saying that history will repeat itself, but I am saying that an opening loss to Munford is not a killer for the Charger season.

According to reports I have read, Northside lost their foobtall coach 3 days before their season opener. Hardin County defeated them in that game 36-0.

I remember that Northside played us pretty well in Covington last season. I recall a pretty good running back for them. I don't recall his name, or whether he is back this year.

What's the word on this game, y'all? 

Covington by as many as they want. 

7 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It's unfortunately sad to sit here and say that Covington will get to pick the score. I don't know what to expect out of North Side this season. The season is lost for them. And I just feel bad for them, and coach, Cedric Hampton.

It's  a sad situation for Cedric and those kids. 

Not fair for any of them.

23 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It's unfortunately sad to sit here and say that Covington will get to pick the score. I don't know what to expect out of North Side this season. The season is lost for them. And I just feel bad for them, and coach, Cedric Hampton.

I agree, it’s a bad deal. This season. May not be great, but they can start a new chapter at North Side. I honestly felt like they were underachieving under Powell. I really thought they should have been better the last few years with the athletes they had. Hope things get better for you guys sooner than later.

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I agree, it’s a bad deal. This season. May not be great, but they can start a new chapter at North Side. I honestly felt like they were underachieving under Powell. I really thought they should have been better the last few years with the athletes they had. Hope things get better for you guys sooner than later.

When you have an ego that's too big to make an adjustment, then you'll be disappointed. That's what happened. What's the phrase, "what's insanity is when you do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

26 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I plan to travel to Northside for this game. I don’t see tickets listed at GoFan for online purchase. Will they be selling tickets at the gate?

I can tell you that past school year, North Side sold tickets through the app. In addition, I want to say South Side did sell tickets through the app as well for a volleyball match. Make sure it’s North Side and not Northside. Two words.