MARSHALL COUNTY Tigers at SHELBYVILLE Golden Eagles. THURSDAY NIGHT GAME

Chiledeme

I know nothing about Marshall County other than last year they won 7 regular season games but not sure how many starters they return. Of course that still doesn't mean much, it's a new season. 

I have seen Shelbyville though last week at Tullahoma. First off the offensive line will have to play much better. The QB seems to be talented but he just needs more time to operate. Sometimes I thought he gave up on the play too quickly and ran out of the pocket when the oline did do a decent job. You also have to ask yourself how much of this was Tullahoma's defense as well causing havoc. On another note, Shelbyville did have some speed. One receiver and a couple of secondary guys in particular did look mighty quick. I'll hand it to the Eagles that they were in the game against Tullahoma for all 4 quarters as the defense was opportunistic. They could have easily been ahead 14-13 at one point but I believe Tullahoma's special teams still would have won the game in that scenario in the end. 

Can Shelbyville win? Sure. Will they win? I believe it comes down to the key factors that are essential any time two good teams play. They must win the line of scrimmage (the majority of the time), limit turnovers, and play good defense. Marshall County did beat a Columbia team that is usually above average who had six wins on the season last year. It would be nice to hear from someone that has a perspective on the Tigers. 

MC's game against Columbia started off a little slow for the Tigers (it was 13-0 at one point in the 1st quarter).  It seemed like when the 2nd quarter started, the Tigers had gotten the early game (season) jitters out of the way and started to play ball.  Which it worked out pretty well for the Tigers the rest of the way, outscoring the Lions 41-7.  This team looks like they have all of the potential in the world to be great, let's just hope it stays that way for the rest of the season.  I say the Tigers get the W on Thursday night.