2A Poll 8.23.22

GeneralForrest

1 minute ago, wholder said:

LC struggled last week against a very poor Community team and almost lost. This week they play Fayetteville which will show a bit more about what they have or don't

I think LC has always been a ground and pound team but, I think the new Coach will bring some balance. The teams is probably adjusting to a new game philosophy! Like I said, time will tell. It's still very early.

7 minutes ago, Wildcard1 said:

I think LC has always been a ground and pound team but, I think the new Coach will bring some balance. The teams is probably adjusting to a new game philosophy! Like I said, time will tell. It's still very early.

Very correct on time will tell. 28-22 win against a team that's typically horrible is hard for me to put any stock in right now. Season is very early though

24 minutes ago, wholder said:

Very correct on time will tell. 28-22 win against a team that's typically horrible is hard for me to put any stock in right now. Season is very early though

Agreed! My thoughts are that the coach has given them some new plays to learn and they are not there yet. Or this is an off year for them. Either way its going to be a fun year to watch. 

23 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It will be interesting to see who is in 2A next year when these 20 day enrollments come in. I can guarantee that Peabody will be back in 2A and there may be a surprise team in 2A that may shake things up a bit. 

I'm gonna be some kind of mad if the Mustangs get pushed across the river again!

29 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

It will be interesting to see who is in 2A next year when these 20 day enrollments come in. I can guarantee that Peabody will be back in 2A and there may be a surprise team in 2A that may shake things up a bit. 

So you think Milan is moving down? By enrollment, it was in smallest 10 of 3A last time so I guess it’s possible.  West TN is the slowest growing part of the state.  

also, seems like Watertown is likely to move to 3A and will Meigs county also move up?  Largest 2A last go round was Harpeth with enrollment of 541.  How many students does Meigs have now??  

4 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

So you think Milan is moving down? By enrollment, it was in smallest 10 of 3A last time so I guess it’s possible.  West TN is the slowest growing part of the state.  

also, seems like Watertown is likely to move to 3A and will Meigs county also move up?  Largest 2A last go round was Harpeth with enrollment of 541.  How many students does Meigs have now??  

We could be pushing 4a or atleast consider it. Not many big gate games in 3a region 

Edited by biggest

8 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

I cannot verify for sure at this point. Here is what I do know. We were at 568 last time, only 27 kids away from the cut off. And I can say we are down in numbers at this point. I can also guarantee we will play where we are classified. Last time we were one of the smallest 3A schools but played up to 4A. We will play where we are classified at this point. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

5 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Finally learned how to count over there? 

for 4A, your enrollment would need to increase by over 200 students from 2 years ago or about 43% from what you reported in 2020.   

It's  growing  rapidly! The school is getting close to full &it was just built not long ago.   I'd say we pushing mid 700s. But that's a guess

Edited by biggest