AP 1A 08/23/22 HOLY MOSES POLE

Southtowner

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Clay has had some opportunities in the past to stake a thin slice of the 1A pie.  When it counts the most, like you stated, they have failed to do so.   In the 1A East bracket, I'm thinking the train to Chattanooga runs through Gordonsville. Therefore, they get the nod over Clay County right now.  As always, good luck to everyone. 

Well Clay is winning and Gordy is 0 - 2 and Gordy goes to Clay this year.

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Clay has had some opportunities in the past to stake a thin slice of the 1A pie.  When it counts the most, like you stated, they have failed to do so.   In the 1A East bracket, I'm thinking the train to Chattanooga runs through Gordonsville. Therefore, they get the nod over Clay County right now.  As always, good luck to everyone. 

Either one of them have to go through South Pitt. Most knowledgeable people expected last nights outcome so don’t have a knee jerk reaction. I don’t know what’s going on with Gordonsville but on paper they should be the favorite. However, the East still goes through South Pitt. I’m just keeping it real

On 8/26/2022 at 5:15 PM, Southtowner said:

I completely agree with your assessment of how Clay has performed in the past. However, this year Gordonsville has to go to Celina to win the region, so technically Clay's road to Chattanooga can be entirely at home. I am very surprised that Gordonsville has struggled so badly to start the year. The Smith County game wasn't too surprising as the Owls were going to fired up looking to end their losing streak. However, I was shocked last night that Watertown handled them like that. Watertown looked down significantly from last year when they scrimmaged Clay in the preseason. It will be interesting to see if Clay can handle Cornersville at home in two weeks as easily as last year on the road, with both teams having new coaching staffs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Either one of them have to go through South Pitt. Most knowledgeable people expected last nights outcome so don’t have a knee jerk reaction. I don’t know what’s going on with Gordonsville but on paper they should be the favorite. However, the East still goes through South Pitt. I’m just keeping it real

The region winner does not have to go to South Pitt this year though, so that gives one of them a fighting chance. I agree it's South Pitt then everyone else at the moment in the east for 1A. 

19 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

This is how the west stacks up.

1. Fayetteville

2. Peabody

3. Dresden 

4. McKenzie

5. MASE

6. Cornersville

7. Lake Co

Quite frankly, the west has arguably 7 or 8 of the top ten teams in the state at the moment. Several teams in the west may go home in round 2 that could have been semifinal or Chattanooga bound if they played in the east.

10 hours ago, rlh said:

Well Clay is winning and Gordy is 0 - 2 and Gordy goes to Clay this year.

Gordy would be 2-0 with their bottom 30 players right now if they had Clay's schedule at the moment. Clay should beat Watertown (they handled them fairly easily in a preseason scrimmage), and the Smith County game could have went either way. Nevertheless, you can't realistically judge after two weeks. 

13 hours ago, OldTownRoad said:

Gordy would be 2-0 with their bottom 30 players right now if they had Clay's schedule at the moment. Clay should beat Watertown (they handled them fairly easily in a preseason scrimmage), and the Smith County game could have went either way. Nevertheless, you can't realistically judge after two weeks. 

You did it after 2 weeks in your post before this one.