Haywood Vs Crockett week 3

Kruger77

On 9/5/2022 at 1:15 PM, Chargercats said:

I agree 100%!!! Most papers do.  

This week's paper did publish a few stats for the game.  What they published was good, but it would be nice to see more detail.  Something like what newspapers used to do.  Looks like we'll just have to keep up with those kind of stats on our own!

Cordero Walker threw for 172 yards, Cam Miller led the rushing attack with 71 yards, and Person gained 161 yards receiving. The Tomcats had 435 yards of total offense.

First Downs ?
   By Rushing ?
   By Penalty ?
Total Yardage 435
   By Rushing 263
   By Passing 172
Passes ?
Completed ?
   Had Intercepted ?
Fumbles ?
   Lost ?
Penalties ?
   Yards lost ?
Plays ?
Punts ?
Edited by stacmot

2 hours ago, stacmot said:

This week's paper did publish a few stats for the game.  What they published was good, but it would be nice to see more detail.  Something like what newspapers used to do.  Looks like we'll just have to keep up with those kind of stats on our own!

Cordero Walker threw for 172 yards, Cam Miller led the rushing attack with 71 yards, and Person gained 161 yards receiving. The Tomcats had 435 yards of total offense.

First Downs ?
   By Rushing ?
   By Penalty ?
Total Yardage 435
   By Rushing 263
   By Passing 172
Passes ?
Completed ?
   Had Intercepted ?
Fumbles ?
   Lost ?
Penalties ?
   Yards lost ?
Plays ?
Punts ?

Thanks stacmot!! Yea i wish that information would be provided. I did not keep up with the penalties but it sure seemed that they have been way down this year. Normally we ill be in the double digits but so far i think we are somewhere around 4-5 / game. So if any of our opponents think they may have a chance due to being undisciplined, they better reevaluate. LOL

1 hour ago, Chargercats said:

Thanks stacmot!! Yea i wish that information would be provided. I did not keep up with the penalties but it sure seemed that they have been way down this year. Normally we ill be in the double digits but so far i think we are somewhere around 4-5 / game. So if any of our opponents think they may have a chance due to being undisciplined, they better reevaluate. LOL

The penalties were down last year as well so it’s definitely being enforced 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stacmot said:

First Downs ?
   By Rushing ?
   By Penalty ?
Total Yardage 435
   By Rushing 263
   By Passing 172
Passes ?
Completed ?
   Had Intercepted ?
Fumbles ?
   Lost ?
Penalties ?
   Yards lost ?
Plays ?
Punts ?

Honestly, I do not think it would be hard to get this info. Most teams have a statistician that works for the coaches staff. Well, the teams that I know of do. You would think most coaches would be okay giving out basic staff for the papers to publish. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Honestly, I do not think it would be hard to get this info. Most teams have a statistician that works for the coaches staff. Well, the teams that I know of do. You would think most coaches would be okay giving out basic staff for the papers to publish. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

As a long time former sports editor, I used to establish a relationship with the stat keeper for teams I didn't cover directly, but the teams I covered weekly I kept my own stats. The way things work now, you are lucky to get the newspapers to get your score. It's the lazy world we live in and journalism died a wicked death long ago. The newsppers these days want the coaches and everyone else to do their jobs for them. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

As a long time former sports editor, I used to establish a relationship with the stat keeper for teams I didn't cover directly, but the teams I covered weekly I kept my own stats. The way things work now, you are lucky to get the newspapers to get your score. It's the lazy world we live in and journalism died a wicked death long ago. The newsppers these days want the coaches and everyone else to do their jobs for them. 

Spot on!  No truer words were ever spoken. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I completely agree. However, with the current work force the way that it is, it is hard to get a fast food joint staffed to served a simple burger and fries. SGC is very fortunate, IMO. We have a great newspaper. The Mirror exchange has a reporter at all of our contests, and they do a great job of writing it up. However, they do not provide any stats, aside from the glaring ones. Also, our local paper includes our middle school and that is important to me. I miss the old days as well, you know, when people were proud to have a job, and worked diligently to do a good job at it. 

8 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

I will say Haywood is freaking great we have still improved but my goodness at the talent they have you want see that kind of team every Friday night hats off to them and hope they bring a gold ball back 

I’m just a fan, so I can’t take credit for Haywood’s team or its talent.  However, we’re all proud of the teams we support, so I do thank you for your comments concerning the Tomcats.

I do believe Crockett showed improvement.  In a post that you made earlier this season, you said you believed Crockett could win 6 or 7 games.  I think the Cavs just might do that.  I’m sure y’all will get back on track against Bolivar. 

I hope your QB wasn’t seriously hurt in the Haywood game and good luck the rest of the season.

Edited by stacmot

5 hours ago, stacmot said:

I’m just a fan, so I can’t take credit for Haywood’s team or its talent.  However, we’re all proud of the teams we support, so I do thank you for your comments concerning the Tomcats.

I do believe Crockett showed improvement.  In a post that you made earlier this season, you said you believed Crockett could win 6 or 7 games.  I think the Cavs just might do that.  I’m sure y’all will get back on track against Bolivar. 

I hope your QB wasn’t seriously hurt in the Haywood game and good luck the rest of the season.

Aww yeah it’s still possible we could win that many I believe ward will have them back on track with bolivar, but I’m going to say he told them take this Haywood to heart but don’t hold your head to it because the season is still ahead of us, our QB didn’t have any breaks or anything in the ankle just a sprain and rolled it pretty good he’s out this week possibly could see him starting again next week 

• Like 1