Hampton at Avery

Tootie

4 minutes ago, Appvol said:

What happened tonight. Never thought Avery would be in the game. Actually good for you guys they did give you a good game and that you had to battle back.

They played a perfect half and we killed ourselves over and over, they woke us up and we never give up a point in the 2ond half. The QB for Avery is one heck of a player and doubt we will see anyone as fast as him the rest of the season. I know he runs track and was 1st in the state, said he runs a 4 4 40.We are a work in progress and it also hurts not have our starting QB.  2ond QB is fine but it takes our most dangerous receiver off the field. Took some heart and pride to battle back and get the win.

5 hours ago, pujo said:

They played a perfect half and we killed ourselves over and over, they woke us up and we never give up a point in the 2ond half. The QB for Avery is one heck of a player and doubt we will see anyone as fast as him the rest of the season. I know he runs track and was 1st in the state, said he runs a 4 4 40.We are a work in progress and it also hurts not have our starting QB.  2ond QB is fine but it takes our most dangerous receiver off the field. Took some heart and pride to battle back and get the win.

Yeah. Seen where Levi had a good game. Tell him good job. I bet they got a good butt chewing at halftime. You all only gave up 8 yards of offense in the 2nd half.

7 hours ago, pujo said:

When i looked at Coach T scoreboard last night and it said Avery Co 20 Hampton 0 in 2nd quarter, I thought someone probably misreported the score. Guess the Dogs woke up in 2nd half. Good comeback win! I bet the paint was peeled of the walls at half time :mrgreen:

4 hours ago, Appvol said:

Yeah. Seen where Levi had a good game. Tell him good job. I bet they got a good butt chewing at halftime. You all only gave up 8 yards of offense in the 2nd half.

Football can be a strange game sometimes, a few mistakes and a lack of effort can make a team look really bad, cut the mistakes and give more effort and you look great.  Avery plays a brand of football that none of us ever see and they have good skill players, we just kept dropping snaps ,getting penalties and they kept making plays. A few half time adjustments and we were a completely different team. 

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Football can be a strange game sometimes, a few mistakes and a lack of effort can make a team look really bad, cut the mistakes and give more effort and you look great.  Avery plays a brand of football that none of us ever see and they have good skill players, we just kept dropping snaps ,getting penalties and they kept making plays. A few half time adjustments and we were a completely different team. 

Great come back, them games are fun if you win. Your DB's will have plenty time to rest them legs before you make the trip over here. Congrats :mrgreen: 

1 hour ago, harley04 said:

Great come back, them games are fun if you win. Your DB's will have plenty time to rest them legs before you make the trip over here. Congrats :mrgreen: 

And we will have faced this type offence, Should make for a fun game.  You guys are playing some pretty good football.