WHERE IS THE BEECH @ HENRY CO. THREAD ? OR TOPIC ON NEXT GAME ?

LEON

5 hours ago, BigRedRealist said:

As a lifelong HC Big Red fan and a long time Coach T reader and occasional poster, this message board is not enjoyable like it used to be. The ole days of OldDevil, Prophet, Drewcephus, RedSwarm, SEC1rules, MSURacer, and others when there were actual discussions about high school football are a thing of the past. You notice many of these are no longer on CoachT, but I guarantee you they are at games on Friday nights cheering on Big Red. 

There are a few newer HC posters that are over zealous and talk big/smack (very seldom actually discuss football) then get their feelings hurt when HC gets beat - even by a very good Beech team. Yes they can post whatever they want to, and get mad and take their ball and go home, and delete threads,,,, that is their right. Yes all teams have those type of fans. But I don't need that. 

I will still occasionally read/post on the threads, but will always be a Big Red fan just like the other 3000-4000 that attended the game Friday. I guess I'm just too old for all this extra stuff, just wanted to discuss football.

Congrats to Beech on a very physical game - eers, Bump11, Tandem.  As is the case in most Beech/HC games, a couple of plays are the difference between winning and losing.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Go Big Red

I have much respect for HC and their fan base. Just good old fashion banter with most of them. Good luck the rest of the way. 

3 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

Lol you are very good at that sir but as much as people may not like me, I definitely do respect Beech. Probably pretty dumb to say 2 or 3 TD's favorite. :lol: Should have known it would be a hard fought game down to the wire. I'll never live that prediction down haha! Oh well it's all in good fun. Good luck against Hendersonville!!

You KNOW I’ll never let that one go my friend…

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

Honest question here. Who looked better beech week one. Or beech week two? 

Week 1 Beech tried a new look defensive scheme that was scrapped week 2. We still had a lot of stupid mistakes (and everyone there had to admit the first half looked like there was some real home cooking). Week 2 Beech was definitely better, but we have yet to see the full potential of their team. QB play improved, but this kids ceiling hasn’t been scared yet. I’ve watched him throw a lot of balls and when he peaks and everyone comes together, this team could be really good. 

5 minutes ago, eers said:

Week 1 Beech tried a new look defensive scheme that was scrapped week 2. We still had a lot of stupid mistakes (and everyone there had to admit the first half looked like there was some real home cooking). Week 2 Beech was definitely better, but we have yet to see the full potential of their team. QB play improved, but this kids ceiling hasn’t been scared yet. I’ve watched him throw a lot of balls and when he peaks and everyone comes together, this team could be really good. 

I’ve been on the Beech train the past few weeks mostly because of your opponents. I try to root for mid Tn teams. However your take on Beech seems off to me at this point. What is really good? Losing to a 6a team that got handily beat the following week would not be deemed “really good”. I don’t think Beech has any part on taking on a Lebanon, Oakland, Ravenwood, Germantown, Maryville, etc. they’re good but you seem to never really put it into perspective. At the end of the day it’s about a championship right? Beech is miles apart from the top IMO.

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I’ve been on the Beech train the past few weeks mostly because of your opponents. I try to root for mid Tn teams. However your take on Beech seems off to me at this point. What is really good? Losing to a 6a team that got handily beat the following week would not be deemed “really good”. I don’t think Beech has any part on taking on a Lebanon, Oakland, Ravenwood, Germantown, Maryville, etc. they’re good but you seem to never really put it into perspective. At the end of the day it’s about a championship right? Beech is miles apart from the top IMO.

I think this will be a semifinals team and you never know what happens when you get there. I don’t think they are a 6A championship team, but they’re smaller than the Wilson County schools. Should be back to 5A next year and then I believe they are a contender most years.

They made a lot of changes after week one and beat a HC team that I believe is much better than the Farragut team they lost to. I don’t want to get into a debate of “ifs and could have been a”, but four plays in the Farragut game with blown assignments changed the entire game. If they play a complete game, they can beat anyone on your list, save Oakland and Maryville. Those two are clearly heads and shoulders ahead of everyone else. 

4 minutes ago, eers said:

I think this will be a semifinals team and you never know what happens when you get there. I don’t think they are a 6A championship team, but they’re smaller than the Wilson County schools. Should be back to 5A next year and then I believe they are a contender most years.

They made a lot of changes after week one and beat a HC team that I believe is much better than the Farragut team they lost to. I don’t want to get into a debate of “ifs and could have been a”, but four plays in the Farragut game with blown assignments changed the entire game. If they play a complete game, they can beat anyone on your list, save Oakland and Maryville. Those two are clearly heads and shoulders ahead of everyone else. 

I consider Beech a fringe tier 2 team. Competing with teams like a Brentwood, Blackman… maybe Riverdale. Doing that  might get you to the quarters. Beech needs to get back into 5a whole different ball game there.

11 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I consider Beech a fringe tier 2 team. Competing with teams like a Brentwood, Blackman… maybe Riverdale. Doing that  might get you to the quarters. Beech needs to get back into 5a whole different ball game there.

Beech is on the west side and plays their region and metro to get to semifinals. We don’t know how good Cane Ridge is, but I’m guessing it’s Beech or Hendersonville in the semis against a WilCo team.