Riverdale vs. Blackman

Pops17

13 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

If Blackman is mediocre (since they barely got by Gallatin) And Gallatin only lost to Riverdale 14-10 in a scrimmage, even after giving up a pick that was ran back to the Gallatin 10 yd line which ended up a TD,

and Blackman put it to Hendersonville to the tune of 28-7 in two quarters, what does that say about Hendersonville? Are they below Mediocre? And MJ as well. Below mediocre? I'm only asking.

This weeks game against Riverdale is hard to judge. Riverdale has won 2 in a row and plays pretty  solid football,  but I guess the question that pops out is what level of competition is Rossview or Franklin??  Sure a win is a win... but scraping by at Franklin and  beating the breaks off Rossview is that really a tale of the tape? This week will tell a little bit more about each team . 

5 minutes ago, eers said:

Don’t get butt hurt. I’m sure Gallatin will, we’ll Gallatin. 

I get that you are a hater most of the time and I usually let it go. But Beech couldn't even beat Central in two quarters. Lebanon literally just destroyed that same team. Scrimmages give you a pretty darn good idea of reality, whether you want to admit that or not. What about the Farragut game? That same team just got beat up pretty badly by Knox West. I don't know what Gallatin will or won't do, we will see. I don't get on here either though and brag about them or how good they are.

Yet, you have this idea that Beech is a really good football team this year, and I'm trying to see why that is. Really good in comparison to whom?  6A title in mind? Blackman is a good Football team. Ofcourse you don't want to give them credit though. You would if they had beaten Beech though, which would more than likely happen. 

48 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

This weeks game against Riverdale is hard to judge. Riverdale has won 2 in a row and plays pretty  solid football,  but I guess the question that pops out is what level of competition is Rossview or Franklin??  Sure a win is a win... but scraping by at Franklin and  beating the breaks off Rossview is that really a tale of the tape? This week will tell a little bit more about each team . 

Agreed. Riverdale will have to play real good in coverage to hang with Blackman. I'm impressed with the team speed on the defensive side for the Blaze as well. 

Edited by thegreatone36

3 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Agreed. Riverdale will have to play real good in coverage to hang with Blackman. I'm impressed with the team speed on the defensive side for the Blaze as well. 

I would like to see Blackmans best effort and game  come together over the next 4 weeks...

55 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I get that you are a hater most of the time and I usually let it go. But Beech couldn't even beat Central in two quarters. Lebanon literally just destroyed that same team. Scrimmages give you a pretty darn good idea of reality, whether you want to admit that or not. What about the Farragut game? That same team just got beat up pretty badly by Knox West. I don't know what Gallatin will or won't do, we will see. I don't get on here either though and brag about them or how good they are.

Yet, you have this idea that Beech is a really good football team this year, and I'm trying to see why that is. Really good in comparison to whom?  6A title in mind? Blackman is a good Football team. Ofcourse you don't want to give them credit though. You would if they had beaten Beech though, which would more than likely happen. 

I have watched this team and see what their potential is. The difference is, Crabtree is much more likely to get that potential out of them. Beech typically gets better as the season goes on. Anyone that disagrees with that is either biased or hasn’t been paying attention. That gives me reason to be optimistic. If I’m wrong, will certainly admit it.

That’s where we’re different. Gallatin hasn’t been relevant in a long time and they haven’t beat Beech since 2011. Yes, read that again… 2011. Yet, we are to take them serious all of the sudden? Again, if I’m wrong I will openly admit it.

Do I think they’ll win a state championship? No. Do I think they have a chance of going deep into the playoffs? Yes. Do I think this will be the 11th year in a row of beating Gallatin? Yes. I guess time will tell. 

14 minutes ago, eers said:

I have watched this team and see what their potential is. The difference is, Crabtree is much more likely to get that potential out of them. Beech typically gets better as the season goes on. Anyone that disagrees with that is either biased or hasn’t been paying attention. That gives me reason to be optimistic. If I’m wrong, will certainly admit it.

That’s where we’re different. Gallatin hasn’t been relevant in a long time and they haven’t beat Beech since 2011. Yes, read that again… 2011. Yet, we are to take them serious all of the sudden? Again, if I’m wrong I will openly admit it.

Do I think they’ll win a state championship? No. Do I think they have a chance of going deep into the playoffs? Yes. Do I think this will be the 11th year in a row of beating Gallatin? Yes. I guess time will tell. 

Fair enough. But I'm keeping it realistic with my team. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. I don't create excuses about what type of defense my team was playing in week 1, or a missed assignment or anything that coulda woulda shoulda happened. They straight up beat a good Mt. Juliet team week one. They ran the ball, and MJ couldn't do anything about it. To the contrary. They straight up lost to a good Blackman team last week. Played hard, had a chance to, but couldn't stop the Blaze on the last drive when they needed to.

I don't say things like "MJ underperformed". Cause anytime any team loses, they all technically underperform. You didn't give credit to Gallatin for anything good they do, yet are the first one on here to bag on them when they come up short. It is what it is. Green Wave played it close with a team that handled Hendersonville.

You thought they would throttle Gallatin yet they didn't. So instead of giving Gallatin some credit you reverse script and downplay Blackman...

Edited by thegreatone36

8 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Fair enough. But I'm keeping it realistic with my team. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. I don't create excuses about what type of defense my team was playing in week 1, or a missed assignment or anything that coulda woulda shoulda happened. They straight up beat a good Mt. Juliet team week one. They ran the ball, and MJ couldn't do anything about it. To the contrary. They straight up lost to a good Blackman team last week. Played hard, had a chance to, but couldn't stop the Blaze on the last drive when they needed to.

I don't say things like "MJ underperformed". Cause anytime any team loses, they all technically underperform. You didn't give credit to Gallatin for anything good they do, yet are the first one on here to bag on them when they come up short. It is what it is. Green Wave played it close with a team that handled Hendersonville.

You thought they would throttle Gallatin yet they didn't. So instead of giving Gallatin some credit you reverse script and downplay Blackman...

I’m not downplaying Blackman, I just don’t think they have proven they’re as good as Riverdale and Oakland in their region. That’s where this all started… when I said it would be an upset. I personally feel that:

MJ is more talented than Gallatin + they lost to Gallatin = they underperformed

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Blackman has the potential to be really good. If you have read my other comments about Blackman this year, you will see I believe what Tygard is doing is a good thing. I have defended them and their coach. I think I have been quite objective in my thoughts and comments. Until they (Gallatin and Blackman) break free from they recent past, I will be cautious in saying they are good.

With that, I’ll not have any further discussion on this thread about Gallatin.

Blackman finds a way to win this week in an “upset”.

1 hour ago, 13sports said:

I'll take Riverdale in this one.  I don't see Blackman being able to recover two onside kicks every game.  I believe that can be a weapon that helps you win or causes a loss.

But how incompetent do you have to be as a coaching staff to run that every kickoff??? It was mind boggling to me. Gallatin had a short field every drive.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS