Riverdale vs. Blackman

Pops17

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well I’ve never seen it before and I’ve watched a lot of football. But hey he’s got the weapons to be successful this year. I see y’all losing to Oakland but Rockvale is the only other right game left on your schedule IMO. 8-2 much improved.

You should look up Pulaski Academy out of Arkansas former coach record when his team successfully fielded onside kicks. 

43 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

You should look up Pulaski Academy out of Arkansas former coach record when his team successfully fielded onside kicks. 

pulaski academy came and played lipscomb last year and all the onside kicks and going for it on 4th didn't work out too well.  they didn't play the second game in the series...

Great win for Blackman and probably the biggest win in Tygard's career as a HC.  Onside kicks and trick plays went in Blackman's favor. Live by the sword, die by the sword. For now, Blackman is living by the sword. This win proves that Blackman is back as a to 10 team. Finished 2019 as #6, I believe, so good to see them back in the top 10. Happy for the players. They've worked really hard!

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2022 at 12:44 AM, Pops17 said:

No the kid from Ensworth is 6'3 and they dont use him like they should..... they pretty much only use him for 9 routes,  he's a big kid and he can catch and run from what i saw on his hudl. you sometimes have to force the ball to a guy to get him into the game. I've been to every game this season but the really just don't target him enough for his size and speed.

He will be a monster once they get him the ball and get him going. He had a couple drops vs Brentwood / Gallatin. Coming off a broken hand with a new team. I agree get him some targets, get his confidence up, get the QB confident in him. One thing i absolutely loved, the video on twitter of the hook n ladder to the tackle.. Page did the lateral to the tackle. Immediately Put his fist in the air in excitement. That is a team player. Loved to see that. 

On 9/3/2022 at 12:55 AM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well his onside kick theory is and was beyond idiotic, there is no argument/defense that could sway anyone on that…. But I agree the rest is working itself out nicely.

They are in a region with Oakland and Riverdale. They gotta be different then everyone else if they want to catch up quick. Creasy has a well oiled machine. You are not going to out ‘transfer’ Oakland or Riverdale either lol. 

On 9/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, theawesomebro said:

pulaski academy came and played lipscomb last year and all the onside kicks and going for it on 4th didn't work out too well.  they didn't play the second game in the series...

There coach Kevin Kelley went to Presbyterian College after 2020 season. He had 9 state titles. In 2020 they beat Ravenwood 37-29. He was like a mini Nick Saban. They are not the same team in 2021 

59 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

They are in a region with Oakland and Riverdale. They gotta be different then everyone else if they want to catch up quick. Creasy has a well oiled machine. You are not going to out ‘transfer’ Oakland or Riverdale either lol. 

Oakland is Oakland, but I just don't see Riverdale in that same vein. Riverdale was Blessed with Holcombe as QB and Kelly Coaching... They had enough Receiving talent to be dangerous as long as he was there.  The Same could be said about the Herring brothers... When the last one graduates this year it is going to b a significant void. In the last decade Riverdale beat Blackman something like 3 out of 13 games. I grew up watching Old school football out in west Texas (Mojo) but the game has really changed and analytics has taken a lot of guess work out it. Oakland will be a hard out for anyone, but I remember a time in Rutherford county when Oakland wasn't really a powerhouse program. Time and the right leadership can change a lot of things 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DawgsPBS said:

Exactly what I’ve tried to explain to folks on here, they think Oakland is straight up homegrown

• Upvote 1