Fayetteville (City) comes to Upperman

UCSportsFan

22 minutes ago, Potter46 said:

We will find out we’re both programs our tomorrow night. I have watched Fayetteville games and they our a very talented team. One of the most talented teams in any classification. I have been to every upperman game. They our very talented also. You would think Fayetteville was a 4a or bigger school by there players. They some of the biggest players I have seen for a 1A school. This game will come down to who executes best and who wants it the most. I have been a football official in the past. I had to take a test to ne a official. Now they our hurting so bad for officials they is no test to be one last I heard. You do the best you can and you our going to miss some calls because you have to watch for some much. The bad part is most official decided not to do it anymore because of parents and fans. You would think it would be coaches and players put not the case. Anyone that wants to fuss about officials needs to go try it one time and you will see why it is not a fun thing to do at times.

Most teams in 4a would not beat Fayetteville for sure. They would be competitive in any class. I agree, officiating is difficult in any sport. I believe they do their best for the most part but it sucks in a tight game and the calls don’t go your way. It’s just part of sports. Just about every sports fan has complained about officiating at some point. It should be a heck of a game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crow6424 said:

Most teams in 4a would not beat Fayetteville for sure. They would be competitive in any class. I agree, officiating is difficult in any sport. I believe they do their best for the most part but it sucks in a tight game and the calls don’t go your way. It’s just part of sports. Just about every sports fan has complained about officiating at some point. It should be a heck of a game.

Very good point @crow6424.

On 9/8/2022 at 12:34 PM, DealLawyer said:

Excuses. Excuses. Proves my point.  3 of the 5 non-region games are 1A and 2A teams. And then you’re complaining about second smallest enrollment in the region. Fayetteville enrollment is a fraction of baxters. 

Not excuses, just laying out the facts. If say 6a Lebanon plays 3a Alcoa, is it looked down on? It's not like UHS is scheduling Oakdale or Red Boiling Springs. Fact is, 6 of the teams UHS play are larger enrollment. The other 4 are traditionally  good teams.  

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Both defenses have been spectacular, stopping scoring opportunities by the other.  TBH, the Tigers have threatened more, getting to the Bee's 10-ish yard line before turning the ball over on downs.  The Bees have only reached the Tiger 20 or so before being turned back.  Three consecutive false start penalties on the Bees have been brutal.  Each team getting and giving big plays but no one has cashed in yet. Tiger defense making big stands.  Bee's running game is all they have shown so far and moving the ball on the Tigers.  Only one big pass/catch/run for Upperman I think.  Tigers have thrown one interception and got a huge sack on the Upp QB late in the 2nd.  Penalties 4 for Upperman 1 for FHS by my count.  So far a clean game, no obvious mistakes or miscalls.  Good old fashioned defensive struggle.  The first team to crack big will end up with the "L".  Everyone was saying scoring in the twenties/thirties, I think will end up 14-0 Tigers.  Score at halftime 0-0. 

7 minutes ago, Varo said:

Both defenses have been spectacular, stopping scoring opportunities by the other.  TBH, the Tigers have threatened more, getting to the Bee's 10-ish yard line before turning the ball over on downs.  The Bees have only reached the Tiger 20 or so before being turned back.  Three consecutive false start penalties on the Bees have been brutal.  Each team getting and giving big plays but no one has cashed in yet. Tiger defense making big stands.  Bee's running game is all they have shown so far and moving the ball on the Tigers.  Only one big pass/catch/run for Upperman I think.  Tigers have thrown one interception and got a huge sack on the Upp QB late in the 2nd.  Penalties 4 for Upperman 1 for FHS by my count.  So far a clean game, no obvious mistakes or miscalls.  Good old fashioned defensive struggle.  The first team to crack big will end up with the "L".  Everyone was saying scoring in the twenties/thirties, I think will end up 14-0 Tigers.  Score at halftime 0-0. 

Thanks for the info

City takes commanding lead w/ 9 minutes left in the 3rd.  16-0 via a Aljarea Johnson 40 plus rushing TD.  Isaiah Thomison w/ 2 pt conversion.  Bees return the favor and score but can't convert.  16-6.  City recovers onside kick and drives, drives, drives to score.  22-6 w/ 6 54 in the 4th.  2pt convo called back for a hold.  PAT attempt good!  Score 23-6 w/ 6 47 left. Whew!  I'm wiped out.