Fayetteville (City) comes to Upperman

UCSportsFan

On 9/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, crow6424 said:

We had the ball on the one yard line with a 6’4 running back. Basically all he had do do was stretch out his arms to break the plain for the TD. He gained the yard and then stretched out his arms to easily break the plain of the goal line but no TD was given. Phantom holding on the last play of the game to win/tie. Running back that was on the ground with elbow got back up and scored a TD and there was a few more. I will watch the replay tonight and figure those out as well. Some of it was just unbelievable 

It wasn’t a bad call I can send you the film. They could have thrown 3 more on the same play. You all got beat, threw stuff out of the stands at our kids. Got what you deserved last night! You line up with tight splits and run like a peewee team. You got beat like one. 

Upperman was supposed to be “for real this year”. I hadn’t had a chance to see any film but just assumed the chatter on this thread was accurate. I’ve watched City this year and they’re as advertised. . Probably more balanced than last year. After all the talk from the UHS about the refs robbing them last year I really expected a close game. Boy was i wrong . . What happened? Losing ur QB hurt that badly? Jus wondering And was that Personal Foul at the End on UHS Head Coach. . Apparently he and the kids decided to fight at the end. . Pathetic 

35 minutes ago, Countysux123 said:

It wasn’t a bad call I can send you the film. They could have thrown 3 more on the same play. You all got beat, threw stuff out of the stands at our kids. Got what you deserved last night! You line up with tight splits and run like a peewee team. You got beat like one. 

they should’ve known better than to think they were going to run the ball all over city

18 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Upperman was supposed to be “for real this year”. I hadn’t had a chance to see any film but just assumed the chatter on this thread was accurate. I’ve watched City this year and they’re as advertised. . Probably more balanced than last year. After all the talk from the UHS about the refs robbing them last year I really expected a close game. Boy was i wrong . . What happened? Losing ur QB hurt that badly? Jus wondering And was that Personal Foul at the End on UHS Head Coach. . Apparently he and the kids decided to fight at the end. . Pathetic 

The qb that’s hurt played late in the game so i’m not sure if he’s benched now or what

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Playing and beating up lesser competition at a smaller classification instead of playing with the big boys in their classification. Both of these schools play in counties where they get enough players to be competitive in 6A but instead chose to humiliate small county/community teams that have trouble getting athletes. 

So how does having good athletes mean we should play up? It goes by number of attendees at your school not the talent you have. If you have a problem with that, work harder 

Edited by BigCity
Spellcheck

3 hours ago, Robby5 said:

on city’s locker room board last night, “paybacks a ######” was written, there’s a reason we played like we did, we took it disrespectful and we retaliated how any good football team should. We are comin for state yall boys just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Upperman messed with a Tiger and Got a Big Dose of the CLAWS

If any convo that needs to be had is why are the schools segregated in 2022 it just get swept under the rug. The only kid you can possible say city has brought in is the kid from huntland that one is pretty obvious. The rest of the boys are homegrown and have been winning since their middle school days. They are blessed with size speed and talent you cant hate on them for that. Most of the folks that have a problem are these little country town schools cause jimbo's son cant handle the "Athletes" so they get all worked up about it. This team looks way more focused and playing for each other this year. They are on a mission after failing last year with that group they had that was unreal. This team has a different feel to them this year.