Heritage at William Blount

BarneySox2007

1 minute ago, OrangePylon said:

Wow!! Strong words used by Big Joe talking about the Governors! Will there be any action taken over this from the Admin?

what a jerk!!!!!!  he will be crying trying to save his job!!!  Never believe a guy that says he is a fighter!!! be wary of the quiet guy that says nothing!

• Upvote 1

From TDT this morning...

“(The rivalry) has obviously gone on here for a while,” Osovet said. “To be honest, we’re treating this like another game. Any time you have a rivalry game, it’s more for the fanbase and for the community, but I think if you let it get too involved into your everyday football activity, it gets you out of your rhythm.

You’ve got to treat it like another game. You’ve got to eliminate the outside noise..."

There's more, but, you all get the idea. 

Maybe somebody spiked the Gator Aid bucket knowing Coach Joe would drink a lot of it. Maybe you should be more worried about how the far swinging LEFT has finally destroyed the minds of our kids instead of a guy that is trying to win a football game and drive his point through all the baloney that gets put into their heads that day at school. Your school your so worried about is the reason so many home school their kids and if they have the money they send them to private schools to get them away from that garbage. I would be more worried about our schools putting people out there to work that look at you like you have two heads if you were to hand them a dollar bill and needed four quarters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maybe somebody spiked the Gator Aid bucket knowing Coach Joe would drink a lot of it. Maybe you should be more worried about how the far swinging LEFT has finally destroyed the minds of our kids instead of a guy that is trying to win a football game and drive his point through all the baloney that gets put into their heads that day at school. Your school your so worried about is the reason so many home school their kids and if they have the money they send them to private schools to get them away from that garbage. I would be more worried about our schools putting people out there to work that look at you like you have two heads if you were to hand them a dollar bill and needed four quarters.

Agree!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ftbllfan23 said:

It's sad, honestly. 

I wonder where the folks are that were defending him, claiming he wasn't the 'cussing coach' and was motivating and just what this team needed. Sorry, but if this is the 'new school',  I'd take 'old school' over it any day. 

This is old school.lol.But in old school days what happened in the locker room or on the field stayed there!These kids hear and see worse on public TV nowadays.

• Like 1

Maybe it's an outdated idea but I still believe HS football at it's core is about developing the character of young men. Based on what I've seen on the sidelines and now seen on line, I question whether this is the type of person who can do that. Can you imagine a coach like GQ going off like this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

This is old school.lol.But in old school days what happened in the locker room or on the field stayed there!These kids hear and see worse on public TV nowadays.

Whether they see or hear worse on TV has zero to do with this. You are supposed to put people of character in your classrooms and in your locker rooms especially at this level. This is a completely different situation. If you are to mold and teach young men, this isn't it. 

Not to mention he's portraying something he isn't teaching. Did you read the excerpt from the Daily Times I posted? This is also the coach that used specific quotes from these message boards in his press conference when he was announced as head coach. He cannot himself eliminate outside noise and therefore is instilling more garbage in the heads of these boys. 

We are all allowed to have differing opinions but, like @camppacksaid, GQ wouldn't do this and I'm pretty dang sure Hunt, Nix, Reeves, anybody in the area for that matter isn't making it abundantly clear their team better not embarrass THEM (not the school, but selfishly THEM) by losing a rivalry game.

I would hate to know my son (or grandsons) are sitting in that locker room listening to that trash. Not one thing he said was motivational, not one thing he said had anything to do with actually setting the tone for rising above the 'outside noise'.

I'm sure this morning will be filled with damage control at HHS. 

7 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Whether they see or hear worse on TV has zero to do with this. You are supposed to put people of character in your classrooms and in your locker rooms especially at this level. This is a completely different situation. If you are to mold and teach young men, this isn't it. 

Not to mention he's portraying something he isn't teaching. Did you read the excerpt from the Daily Times I posted? This is also the coach that used specific quotes from these message boards in his press conference when he was announced as head coach. He cannot himself eliminate outside noise and therefore is instilling more garbage in the heads of these boys. 

We are all allowed to have differing opinions but, like @camppacksaid, GQ wouldn't do this and I'm pretty dang sure Hunt, Nix, Reeves, anybody in the area for that matter isn't making it abundantly clear their team better not embarrass THEM (not the school, but selfishly THEM) by losing a rivalry game.

I would hate to know my son (or grandsons) are sitting in that locker room listening to that trash. Not one thing he said was motivational, not one thing he said had anything to do with actually setting the tone for rising above the 'outside noise'.

I'm sure this morning will be filled with damage control at HHS. 

No I didnt read nor will i.You may be 100% right.But it sounds like a few on here have an agenda also.I agree it was not called for and he should and will be confronted about it since it went public.Lord if the parents in my day got upset about cussing and getting mad we would have never had enough kids to play.

• Like 1

How would you all felt if you'd played for Walland back in the late 50s and early 60s and coach AJ Wilson walked up behind you and tapped you on the butt with a cattle prod and two of the men that told me that we're laughing when they were telling it. There is always been things go on at practice and in the locker room most people don't know about.