Heritage at William Blount

BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, edwardblake said:

From Gus’s fried on Sutherland, ‘Coach O’ isn’t the only newly minted head coach who uses foul language. Another area high school here in Knox had to change sidelines to cover for the fact they speak poorly to players. Every night I go to sleep I’m glad my two sons didn’t have to play for these clowns. Don’t they know it’s not Halloween yet? It’s a little early to be impersonating football coaches. 

Hey Edward you are correct. Hearing some real poor reports on how Bearden players are talked to and talked about. But those guys are looking to move up to college or get back into college for some of them. But if the parents picked these guys with the administration approval l guess they are getting what they payed for. Still doesn't make it a good thing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hotpiss said:

No you did read it again. I simply said this isn't color guard because they tend to have different converstation then a football team you pushed the work ethic issue. 

Every one on here knows what you were inferring and eluding to after saying I must not have been in many locker rooms. 

If your stance is that you trust this coach and these actions are 'okay' by you, then you have no point coming to his defense.

Trust the process, right? Good luck with the process. It's getting pretty thick. 

1 minute ago, BigTime1950 said:

Hey Edward you are correct. Hearing some real poor reports on how Bearden players are talked to and talked about. But those guys are looking to move up to college or get back into college for some of them. But if the parents picked these guys with the administration approval l guess they are getting what they payed for. Still doesn't make it a good thing.

Bearden, huh?

What's that saying about the company that you keep? :popcorneater:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ftbllfan23 said:

Bearden, huh?

What's that saying about the company that you keep? :popcorneater:

Like l said. All those guys that were college coaches want to go back to college and the other ones want to be a college coach. Bearden just a stepping stone for them. Also heard that some of the transfers into BHS can't handle that college style coaching and want to go back where they came from. Sorry for the Srs that aren't happy. You got what you paid for 

On 9/6/2022 at 8:01 AM, strongx said:

Agree. It has to be incredibly frustrating for all our county neighbors. The football interest, IQ and talent doesn’t double or disappear when you cross the city/county line, but winning is elusive for these two. They are running out of people to blame.

WB made their biggest mistake ever by not making Rick Young HC ! Mic drop

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Just curious as to who is trying to get “back” into college coaching?? They got some there? All the ones I know are straight off the 8th grade team….

27 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Just curious as to who is trying to get “back” into college coaching?? They got some there? All the ones I know are straight off the 8th grade team….

One of Co Defense coordinators used to coach at UT. Don't remember his name. You could go back to the HC Twitter feed and see where all of the coaching staff was announced day by day back in the spring l think. They have a lot of coaches. 15,20,25, who knows how many? I doubt if there are but a few rec ball coaches. The one Co D coordinator might get back into college or a higher up private job (l think he coached at a middle Tennessee private school/schools. Maybe Ensworth or BGA or something like that) if his defense keeps playing good. Bearden has a good defense.

1 hour ago, KnoxVil said:

Bottom dude is guy that made the post about not leaving Powell even though a dozen schools reached out about his services??? Then he left Powell…??

Yeah and being an undergraduate football assistant at a university isn't the same as claiming he was a Defensive Staff Assistant. 1yr at Powell, well I'm sure he single handedly led them to that state championship. He's got so much experience under his belt after that one year that he's leading their weight room at HHS. I've seen videos from that. You've got kids maxing out all the time, not in proper shoes/clothes, it's an accident waiting to happen, but, he's one that loves the camera and loves 'Ozzie' 

I'm not bashing the guy, but, he's not handling things appropriately in that regard and he seems to have quite a bit of growing up to do. I honestly hope he takes a job elsewhere for his sake to grow and learn from true coaches, especially considering he was the one Osovet grabbed at the Maryville game on the live stream.

He was called out on twitter after taking this position at Heritage by some current and former players, even parents. This know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy back and forth is pretty risky at this point for these kids. 

I hope there are no major injuries and I hope they aren't filling their heads with ideas of constant letters of recruitment and offers. I'd hate to be one of those parents right now - especially after last night's exposure. 

Edited by ftbllfan23