Elizabethton @ Boone @ ETSU

blazer1set

1 minute ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Well, they finally got the right QB in the game. But, they only let him try 1 pass downfield. Doesn’t matter who’s back there when you only run the ball. I figure if you take some shots, you’re gonna get a Completion, incomplete pass, pick or penalty. 3 of those don’t hurt you. I mean….Give your team a chance! I could beat that offense with goal line d. Just disappointed after watching 12 burn up the passing league in Knoxville and not even being trusted to try to help the team. I know this, the team responded to having him in the game. It was a spark for sure. Congratulations Blaz. #3 is in the books. Good luck to you all the rest of the way.

Very predictable play calling so far and I have been baffled all year why Gib hasn’t been at QB.They did seem to respond well with him in there but as you said the bubble Screen and run will not get the job done with the offense we have right now.When is the last time you’ve seen Betsy only score one touchdown in 3 games.

3 minutes ago, lawnman said:

Very predictable play calling so far and I have been baffled all year why Gib hasn’t been at QB.They did seem to respond well with him in there but as you said the bubble Screen and run will not get the job done with the offense we have right now.When is the last time you’ve seen Betsy only score one touchdown in 3 games.

Good question.  Open up the playbook,  21-0,7-0,  whatever it’s still a loss.  Let the kid throw the ball.  Worse that can happen is they pick it off and house call it.  
Great game by the defense.  
Last thing,  if we can somehow muster some offense next week he better let them score as often as they can and  by as many ways as they can.  

2 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Good question.  Open up the playbook,  21-0,7-0,  whatever it’s still a loss.  Let the kid throw the ball.  Worse that can happen is they pick it off and house call it.  
Great game by the defense.  
Last thing,  if we can somehow muster some offense next week he better let them score as often as they can and  by as many ways as they can.  

Maybe the flood gates will open next week for this offense.

Great defensive game. 

Boone play calling in the 3rd and 4th quarter seemed as if they were playing to lose versus playing to win. Had me scratching my head. 

The second QB who came in for Elizabethton totally reenergized that offense. 

I feel bad for Grainger next week. Good luck the rest of the way Cyclones. 

9 minutes ago, iamtheboonenation said:

Great defensive game. 

Boone play calling in the 3rd and 4th quarter seemed as if they were playing to lose versus playing to win. Had me scratching my head. 

The second QB who came in for Elizabethton totally reenergized that offense. 

I feel bad for Grainger next week. Good luck the rest of the way Cyclones. 

Gib Maupin should be the QB but we have to open up our offense a little more.Those bubble screens worked the last 3 years but this is a different team.We have some great athletes on offense but just need to open up the playbook a little more.Love this defense and they will continue to get better as the year goes on because our defense line is young as well.

Just my two cents worth.

When you fumble a handoff in your own end zone and you run the same plays over and over with no production, you’re not going to win ballgames.  The D is doing all it can do. Gotta find a way to move the football. What was isn’t now.  Coach to the skills you have now. 

Edited by gr8tplay

We will see how it goes for the rest of the year, but I think Betsy may have the best defense I've ever seen them have. I think if the offense can get their bearings and get just a little bit going, Betsy will be no fun to play come playoff time. The difference in the game turned out to be a NFL looking punt that Boone downed at 1 inch line. Next play, Boone scores their lone TD on a Betsy fumble in the end zone. Boones kicking game is going to come in handy for them as the season progresses. When that kid kicks, it just sounds different. Really hard hitting game for both teams. Good luck to Boone the rest of the way.