South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

I’m excited to see this matchup. This will be a test for our young guys on defense physically. We have some freshman starting or playing a lot in secondary, and some that give us immediate depth up front. These guys will have to grow up fast on Friday night! 

Our backs will have an opportunity to establish themselves against a team that is closer to our talent level and the talent in 1A in the west. I hope to see the #8 and #6 duo get downhill and get rolling. 

It has been hard for me to see what this team really can do. We can’t judge off of a weak LV team, SC is an opener with lots of messy play an opening game, and CCS is on another level. I think this game will help gauge where we stand. I think this will be a playoff type atmosphere at Beene!!! I look forward to it!! 

Edited by CastIronHero

15 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Long time no see, guys. I figured I had to make an appearance for this one.

Let's all stop playing a game here. NC only has 4 classes, TN has 6. It's apples and oranges to compare the two.

NC 1A, by enrollment, covers 1A-3A in TN. Cherokee High School claims right at 580, Alcoa High School claims 680. TN 1A cut-off currently is 374 students.

There is no school in 1A in NC that even deserves to share the same field as the Tornadoes. Talent-wise, NC 1A would struggle with many of our 1A programs (Peabody, Mckenzie, South Pittsburg, etc..). God forbid they ever had to run with schools of comparable size. 

Ok this is when it gets frustrating when you don’t know about any of the schools in NC. NC has a bigger population than TN. At one point you had 8 state champions in NC 2 in each class. NC needs to go to 6a in football.2a Schools like Shelby and Reidsville would be 3a in TN and would give Alcoa a good game.

29 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

I don’t know much about 1A in NC, But I will say this with confidence. There is not a NC state championship team in 1A that’s any more talented than some of the SP Greenback McKenzie Peabody championship teams. 

Football is football no matter where you are geographically or demographically. 2011 SP had plenty of kids that were not white and got the ball slammed down our throats by a bunch of well coached white kids. Lol trust me when I say SP was much more athletic and talented. 

Apparently both teams have been stronger in the past. I promise there is not a NC 1A team that has had any more talent than SP 2007. 

You need to look up East Surry 2019 team stats if you really believe that.

5 minutes ago, Appvol said:

You need to look up East Surry 2019 team stats if you really believe that.

Pretty sure SP was ranked in nationally in PPG in 07 sir. 

At the end of the day we will never REALLY know. You may very well be right. Our Opinions really hold no weight.

We will have a little bit of an idea after Friday night though :popcorneater::hungry:

Edited by CastIronHero

4 minutes ago, CastIronHero said:

Pretty sure SP was ranked in nationally in PPG in 07 sir. 

At the end of the day we will never REALLY know. You may very well be right. Our Opinions really hold no weight.

We will have a little bit of an idea after Friday night though :popcorneater::hungry:

You are correct about our opinions. You do know that 2 of TN greatest players are from 1a NC school. Carl Pickens Murphy teams were really good and Heath Shuler Swain teams were really good.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Ok this is when it gets frustrating when you don’t know about any of the schools in NC. NC has a bigger population than TN. At one point you had 8 state champions in NC 2 in each class. NC needs to go to 6a in football.2a Schools like Shelby and Reidsville would be 3a in TN and would give Alcoa a good game.

Hmmm give Alcoa a good game? Alcoa could make state runs in 6a Tennessee so I dont know how accurate that is.

33 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Are you confusing me for someone else? 

There isn’t a team in NC 1A or 2A that would “give Alcoa a good game”.

Massey gives Alcoa a 72% chance to beat Reidsville with a projected score of 40-20. 67% chance to beat Shelby with a projected score of 41-27. Keep in mind this is for THIS year accounting for the fact that Rankin jumped ship.

You live in fantasy land. In my qualified opinion, NC has more quality teams, but the best teams in TN would curbstomp the best teams in NC and it’s not even close. 

You give me Lipscomb Academy against Charlotte Providence Day or East Forsyth and I’ll show you a mercy rule and a long bus ride home.

47 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Are you off your rocker? 

28 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Are you confusing me for someone else? 

There isn’t a team in NC 1A or 2A that would “give Alcoa a good game”.

Massey gives Alcoa a 72% chance to beat Reidsville with a projected score of 40-20. 67% chance to beat Shelby with a projected score of 41-27. Keep in mind this is for THIS year accounting for the fact that Rankin jumped ship.

You live in fantasy land. In my qualified opinion, NC has more quality teams, but the best teams in TN would curbstomp the best teams in NC and it’s not even close. 

You give me Lipscomb Academy against Charlotte Providence Day or East Forsyth and I’ll show you a mercy rule and a long bus ride home.

We always know computers are right. Lipscomb is a different animal this year but go ahead and use a private school. Now Mallard Creek played Buford this year. Buford rolled. Not many public schools in NC are going to beat the privates in TN.

Your computer says last year 2021 if Shelby and Alcoa played it would be a 33-31 Alcoa win.

Your computer predicts if the 1a champions played last year Tarboro beats South Pitt 21-20.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Appvol said:

We always know computers are right. Lipscomb is a different animal this year but go ahead and use a private school. Now Mallard Creek played Buford this year. Buford rolled. Not many public schools in NC are going to beat the privates in TN.

Your computer says last year 2021 if Shelby and Alcoa played it would be a 33-31 Alcoa win.

Your computer predicts if the 1a champions played last year Tarboro beats South Pitt 21-20.

And that's why they play the game....  in all reality we will never know who would have won anything unless they play the game.  I do believe there would be some very good ballgames between the two states and man what a series it could have been if Sp and Murphy had been playing since 07. Both have had some dang good football teams 

• Like 1