South Pittsburg vs Murphy (stone man against this Watson man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, CastIronHero said:

Pretty sure SP was ranked in nationally in PPG in 07 sir. 

At the end of the day we will never REALLY know. You may very well be right. Our Opinions really hold no weight.

We will have a little bit of an idea after Friday night though :popcorneater::hungry:

I went to Cal Preps for fun.

FcF4hqWXoAEUMHP.jpg

Edited by Appvol
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

And that's why they play the game....  in all reality we will never know who would have won anything unless they play the game.  I do believe there would be some very good ballgames between the two states and man what a series it could have been if Sp and Murphy had been playing since 07. Both have had some dang good football teams 

Yes! I would love to see Knoxville Catholic and Charlotte Catholic play. If had money to just blow and could get sponsors I would do a border battle between the states. One year at App St and the next year at ETSU.

3 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Yes! I would love to see Knoxville Catholic and Charlotte Catholic play. If had money to just blow and could get sponsors I would do a border battle between the states. One year at App St and the next year at ETSU.

Man there's too many to list that would be barn burners.  Sp played Bell County KY a few years back ended up splitting the series 1-1 but I enjoyed making the trip and the overall atmosphere. It's nice seeing how you stack up against other states. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CastIronHero said:

I promise there is not a NC 1A team that has had any more talent than SP 2007.

Well I'd say the '86 and '87 Murphy teams that had 5 D1 signees, including the Gatorade national high school player of the year and future NFL All Pro wide receiver along with an All ACC offensive lineman would have something to say about that.

I think it's safe to assume that Murphy team would be just fine talent wise against any public 1A TN that's been fielded. 

Look I'm not going to get into a pissing contest though, back to the matter at hand. Bottomline both are historic programs in their state and although Murphy doesnt remotely have the talent and athletes they once had, I think they'll still show up and give South Pitt a decent game Friday. I just wish they could have played before the pipeline of talent dried up here. 

Edited by mbdfan
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, piratetom said:

This years version of the Pirates and Bulldogs are really all we should be concerned about . Both teams will come into the PITT Friday night rich on tradition and hungry to prove themselves. It will boil  down to the size of Murphy vs the athleticism of So Pitt. I give the edge to my Pirates by 2 scores. 

Fair prediction, I think it will actually be a good game to have every year if possible. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mbdfan said:

Well I'd say the '86 and '87 Murphy teams that had 5 D1 signees, including the Gatorade national high school player of the year and future NFL All Pro wide receiver along with an All ACC offensive lineman would have something to say about that.

I think it's safe to assume that Murphy team would be just fine talent wise against any public 1A TN that's been fielded. 

Look I'm not going to get into a pissing contest though, back to the matter at hand. Bottomline both are historic programs in their state and although Murphy doesnt remotely have the talent and athletes they once had, I think they'll still show up and give South Pitt a decent game Friday. I just wish they could have played before the pipeline of talent dried up here. 

Didn't Carl Pickens play for Murphy?