Oak Ridge against Farragut

bounder

Just now, NoleNation3 said:

Yea it's the defenses fault when the offense or Sp teams fumbles and all but gives them points.You really didn't watch

Pretty sure the offense and SP Teams didnt actually allow the other teams defense to put a score on the board; fumble recovery, etc.

I wish I didnt watch the game, because it was poor at every level.

8 minutes ago, NoleNation3 said:

Yea it's the defenses fault when the offense or Sp teams fumbles and all but gives them points.You really didn't watch

Yeah they had short fields all night long and had 24 points to show for it. Basically handed them 14 points on a golden platter. A really good team and it would’ve been 50 zip. Credit to Farragut for beating us, and they are a better team than OR, but they aren’t a very impressive team. And yeah, I know that definitely doesn’t say much about us either. Compared to some of the recent Farragut teams they are average, and still whipped us. I agree with ORDT that it was a very poorly played game by us. We are still making the same type mistakes teams make in their first game. If anything, we’ve regressed, hate to say. Very bad all the way around, except for the running game which is a huge improvement from the past few years. But aside from that, pretty awful.

Edited by SweetScience

18 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Any OR fan that predicted a 10-0 season, or any supposed OR fan who predicted a blowout win tonight, I actually question if they’re either brainless, or really are OR fans, or just here to cause a stir. Any OR fan that has any sense whatsoever knows (knew) better. No, you aren’t crazy for thinking this way, Nut. We do have a LONG way to go. For us to be a good team we’re gonna have to clean up the penalties and turnovers. We literally killed ourselves tonight. Moved the ball up and down the field all night long, but we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot. The run blocking has improved dramatically, but our passing game is just god awful. I’m sorry, no offense to #2, but he is not the answer. It’s just putrid. We need to put #14 in there and ride with him. He at least has the look of a QB.

I don’t think you were watching the same game. I saw a fumble by three players. 2 did miss one long pass but hit the hands of every other ball he threw. Two that should have been big gains one for a TD. 14 over threw an open receiver by 10 yards. Like it or not if he could run the offense he would be.  Play calling was not good to help them succeed. There should have been quick outs, slants, and screens like we have done before. The option on 4 and 1 and we didn’t run it all game? This was a team loss. Playmakers fumbled, play calling was questionable. We will get better, but it’s not on one player tonight. 

1 minute ago, Rwrbigcat said:

I don’t think you were watching the same game. I saw a fumble by three players. 2 did miss one long pass but hit the hands of every other ball he threw. Two that should have been big gains one for a TD. 14 over threw an open receiver by 10 yards. Like it or not if he could run the offense he would be.  Play calling was not good to help them succeed. There should have been quick outs, slants, and screens like we have done before. The option on 4 and 1 and we didn’t run it all game? This was a team loss. Playmakers fumbled, play calling was questionable. We will get better, but it’s not on one player tonight. 

You’re right, we did have quite a few drops. You say #14 overthrew a guy by 10 yards, which he did, but #2 had #13 wide open on a Z route in the EZ and basically threw it into the concession stand. Either way, we are HURTING at the QB position. 

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

You’re right, we did have quite a few drops. You say #14 overthrew a guy by 10 yards, which he did, but #2 had #13 wide open on a Z route in the EZ and basically threw it into the concession stand. Either way, we are HURTING at the QB position. 

I think whoever plays they have to get good calls. We are not doing quick slants at all. We have not done many out routes. Shoot we haven’t run the go like we did in both the scrimmage and the first game. These kids will miss throws. But two drops by 13 aren’t like him either and one was a TD drop that hit him in hands and the other was a catch he always makes on a one on one. They all just had a bad game. Chalk it up to a bad night and move on. First year qb has had us in all the games but this one. I’d say that’s a pretty good start. Get weapons back and it changes everything. We gave them many points that we don’t usually do. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rwrbigcat said:

I think whoever plays they have to get good calls. We are not doing quick slants at all. We have not done many out routes. These kids will miss throws. But two drops by 13 aren’t like him either and one was a TD drop that hit him in hands and the other was a catch he always makes on a one on one. They all just had a bad game. Chalk it up to a bad night and move on. First year qb has had us in all the games but this one. I’d say that’s a pretty good start. Get weapons back and it changes everything. 

Yeah, very uncharacteristic of #13 tonight. Weird game all around. Congratulations to Farragut. 

31 minutes ago, ORDT said:

MmmKay? Maybe you go get some reality pills and get a little truthism flowing in them veins of yours. This season is likely to be as bad as last seasons, or worse.

This season is already better than last season with the improved run game. And we have had a key back out for the last two. Before tonight we had very few turnovers and we had way to many last year that cost us games. This team will come together when it matters and perform well. Tonight was not like many of the  good guys we have. I still believe it will be better off towards the end of the year when we get all our boys back. 

Edited by Rwrbigcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rwrbigcat said:

This season is already better than last season with the improved run game. And we have had a key back out for the last two. Before tonight we had very few turnovers and we had way to many last year that cost us games. This team will come together when it matters and perform well. Tonight was not like many of the  good guys we have. I still believe it will be better off towards the end of the year when we get all our boys back. 

Let’s face it, Farragut just has our number and has for 15+ years. It is what it is. We always choke when we play them, it never fails bud. Might as well call us ChokeRidge when we play Farragut.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2