Macon Co. heads to the Creekbank to take on the Jackets

Grunt

6 minutes ago, JACKET316 said:

Sounds like instead of complaining on a public forum, you'd offer some help since you know so much about coaching.. or if you want change, run for school board.. Wishing failure onto a program you say you care about isn't a good look, but you do you...  

This is No Way, Shape, or Form Blake's fault.  Honestly, Creasy would struggle to win 3 or 4 games with this exact same team.  There is a huge drop in talent from this year to last year's team.  But we can't stand around and dwell on it.  Conditioning, Weight Room Success, and Hard Practices is what makes a team tough.  If you push a lot of athletes in today's society, they will just quit.  That's the easy opt out mentality.  Having a team start off with a low number to begin with and then even more quit when their backs are against the wall, simply can NOT be pinned on the coach.  AND then a coach looks around and thinks, "maybe I should ease up a little so no one else quits!"  Well then you are starring at an 0-3 team that needs to be pushed for better results, but if you do that you may only have 15 dressed out the next week.  It's a slippery slope.  Obviously the ones who have grudges against Blake and don't like him for personal reasons, will blame him.  The ones that are on the outside looking in will be able to confirm and say, "Trousdale's talent isn't up to par and their numbers are extremely low this year!"  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, DansbyGilmore said:

This is No Way, Shape, or Form Blake's fault.  Honestly, Creasy would struggle to win 3 or 4 games with this exact same team.  There is a huge drop in talent from this year to last year's team.  But we can't stand around and dwell on it.  Conditioning, Weight Room Success, and Hard Practices is what makes a team tough.  If you push a lot of athletes in today's society, they will just quit.  That's the easy opt out mentality.  Having a team start off with a low number to begin with and then even more quit when their backs are against the wall, simply can NOT be pinned on the coach.  AND then a coach looks around and thinks, "maybe I should ease up a little so no one else quits!"  Well then you are starring at an 0-3 team that needs to be pushed for better results, but if you do that you may only have 15 dressed out the next week.  It's a slippery slope.  Obviously the ones who have grudges against Blake and don't like him for personal reasons, will blame him.  The ones that are on the outside looking in will be able to confirm and say, "Trousdale's talent isn't up to par and their numbers are extremely low this year!"  

This is an accurate take. People from other good programs can see the truth. They don't have personal grudges, whether that be because the coach sat someone's kid, or whatever reason. Grudges die hard in this county.

Edited by Sidelinehustler

43 minutes ago, DansbyGilmore said:

I find it hilarious that people still seem to bring Creasy in the topic with TC. That guy has no relation to that county anymore nor does he want it. Comparing Satterfield to Creasy is a huge stretch. 

7 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

The program is in terrible shape but none of it is the coach’s fault.  They are not responsible for getting kids to come out for the team or teaching the players how to tackle. I do continue to learn something new each day!  

The amount of suck given to a coach by some accounts on here is embarrassing. Either the accounts are women, or their wives should be on the lookout...... 

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

So what is the largest margin of victory for Macon in this series history? I know TC has been on the winning end of most the lopsided games. Also, anyone know the series wins/loses? I figure TC wins 2 of every 3 if not more. 

I believe it’s currently 59-20 in favor of TC in the all time series according to cheese’s article in the vidette this week. Don’t know largest margin of victory. Their last win was 2017 42-20. That could be it unless you go way way back. Think they’ve won like 5 times since the last losing season for TC in 1987 Series with Baxter is now 11-5 I think in favor of TC not counting last years game as a contest.  

3 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

The program is in terrible shape but none of it is the coach’s fault.  They are not responsible for getting kids to come out for the team or teaching the players how to tackle. I do continue to learn something new each day!  

The problem starts in junior high programs. There is no talent you win with Jimmy and Joe’s no matter the coaching you can't win without the talent. This group of kids' numbers is low in all sports, not just football. TC will struggle in all sports for the next few years. Blake isn't the reason or the cause of this problem you just need to change your expectations for the next few years. 

15 minutes ago, RTD said:

The problem starts in junior high programs. There is no talent you win with Jimmy and Joe’s no matter the coaching you can't win without the talent. This group of kids' numbers is low in all sports, not just football. TC will struggle in all sports for the next few years. Blake isn't the reason or the cause of this problem you just need to change your expectations for the next few years. 

I know. Hard to be patient. I’m also a long suffering Tennessee vol fan!  

15 minutes ago, RTD said:

How are junior jackets looking. Saw where they won all three over clay co.