GALLATIN AT STATION CAMP

Verb58

37 minutes ago, wave88 said:

Week 4 of the season has both teams entering with a record of 2-1.  I’ve heard from several in the community that SC is considered the favorite by at least two TD’s.  I hope that’s not the case.  Both coming in off of game outcomes that were unexpected.

Unexpected to say they least. Both of which were veryyy surprising. In Gallatin’s case they need to just settle down and play the way they did the first two weeks… I still feel like they are a pretty good team, every team has a bad game or two a year. Better to have that in the beginning of the year. As for Station Camp, the ugly stepchild of Sumner…. They’re probably just overrated. IF Gallatin loses this game, I’m sorry but that’s enough evidence that they just aren’t that good. I think they win though.

I too have heard the 14 points better than Gallatin statement as well.  Station Camp got embarrassed last week with Dowell running all over them and Gallatin moved the ball everywhere but in the red zone against a team that most thought would be an easy win.  Both will be better prepared this week for the Mayor’s Cup.  There is no love loss in this matchup.  Brent has improved SC since taking over the program which had been really bad.  Gallatin felt the sting of losing last year.  Should be a big crowd if the weather holds off.  

4 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I too have heard the 14 points better than Gallatin statement as well.  Station Camp got embarrassed last week with Dowell running all over them and Gallatin moved the ball everywhere but in the red zone against a team that most thought would be an easy win.  Both will be better prepared this week for the Mayor’s Cup.  There is no love loss in this matchup.  Brent has improved SC since taking over the program which had been really bad.  Gallatin felt the sting of losing last year.  Should be a big crowd if the weather holds off.  

Wave win pretty easily. Something like 35-17

In my opinion Gallatin had our "Brentwood" week this last week. We just didn't execute when we needed too. I think the same could be said about Gallatin's game. I firmly believe this will be a different story going into this game.  While Station Camp's loss is to a pretty good White County team, Gallatin run game will be just too much for the Bison to handle. Like most posters I am hopeful the weather will hold off, but it plays into Gallatin's favor in more than one way. 

Gallatin will line up and run over you with Big "O"  While he has good wiggle for a big back, his advantage this week is a single cut and power over his opponents for 4 qtrs. I think Gallatin will chew the clock up and on a wet field will just be too much for the Bison. I like the Wave by 3 touchdowns.

The other thing Gallatin wins at is field condition, I believe that both still play on grass fields... after a week of rain, this leaves SC with a mud-bowl and a nasty field that will need a lot of work after 4 qtrs of gritty run game chewing it up. Gallatin gets to go back home with their field in tact and little to no additional maintenance needed for the home game that follows. 

Good luck WAVE!

Edited by Blaze45

On 9/5/2022 at 7:30 AM, mondo44 said:

No disrespect meant to SC. You have a team contending for a 6A region title against a likely 4th place team in a 5-A region.  

I dunno.  I have seen games like this before and I think this will be a tough hard fought game.  Station Camp hates Gallatin and they will fight extra hard to prove last year was not a fluke win.  Gallatin has a lot of things they need to do better to make any kind of a run.  They have the players to do it but can they get it done on the field.  

Just now, GWAVE1 said:

I dunno.  I have seen games like this before and I think this will be a tough hard fought game.  Station Camp hates Gallatin and they will fight extra hard to prove last year was not a fluke win.  Gallatin has a lot of things they need to do better to make any kind of a run.  They have the players to do it but can they get it done on the field.  

Very accurate statement. They can, but as you see the matchup with a run based offense can overpower/fool some…. But not others. If a team has the size…. Like Creek did against Gallatin. It can shut down the run to an extent. 

7 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Very accurate statement. They can, but as you see the matchup with a run based offense can overpower/fool some…. But not others. If a team has the size…. Like Creek did against Gallatin. It can shut down the run to an extent. 

I don’t think they were really that big though.  They just swarmed to the ball which makes me think the O-line were missing reads.  Gallatin continues to be their own worst enemy with turnovers.  

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I don’t think they were really that big though.  They just swarmed to the ball which makes me think the O-line were missing reads.  Gallatin continues to be their own worst enemy with turnovers.  

Yeah agreed. At least defensively you can hang your hat on the fact that they can bail the offense out more often than the past.