Beer-den comin two tha Skeetur

STARSNBARS

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa had no problem with Bearden in a preseason "game like" scrimmage, just one week before the Jamboree. And, tied DII - A3 Champs McCallie...... 2-2 scores on their field the week before.

Murvul will be just fine. Murvul can't "just load the box" against Alcoa anymore.

Yes , people just dont understand the dynamic. 

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Alcoa had no problem with Bearden in a preseason "game like" scrimmage, just one week before the Jamboree. And, tied DII - A3 Champs McCallie...... 2-2 scores on their field the week before.

Murvul will be just fine. Murvul can't "just load the box" against Alcoa anymore.

I would agree with that completely! The only public school that I'd take against Alcoa is Oakland, and even that might be close.

4 hours ago, coachspanky said:

Not judging M based on the Alcoa game alone. They've got schematic issues on D that will get exposed (again) if they don't fix them.

That's a fair point, and I agree. I still think the gap between Maryville and Bearden is too large for it to make a huge difference for the present time, but the issues on D will pose more of a problem against teams like West and later in the playoffs

3 hours ago, ILB1999WHS said:

between the numbers and the sideline... woudn't that end op out of bounds half the time?

Not if you practice it. We did it at A-E, Clinton, Watauga (Boone, NC) and Heritage when I was coaching special teams. All about plant foot placement! :) At Heritage, Murvil fair caught all of our kicks. I love no return yardage on kickoff!!!

19 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Hey CJ, better study up on your Maryville High Football history. When was the last time MHS foot lost two games in a row. Much less two ho.e games in a row, or lost a region game. So BHS is going to not surprise you and do all of this? A wounded Red Dragon is the most dangerous Red Dragon. Who has Bearden played? One really good team in West and they got dominated. OR had a lot of players out and struggled offensively vs BHS but BHS only scored a couple of touchdowns vs OR. And now they are not going to go to Maryville and make history. I hope you are not a betting man. Plus how do you figure that BHS is better than FHS on defense? FHS shut OR  out. OR scored 10 vs BHS and was on the GL with a chance to win the game?

Oh I doubt Bearden wins, but from what I saw, they sure aren't the Bearden of years past, The new coach that came in from Powell has brought in depth and talent,OR shot themselves in the foot against them. Maryville has a good coaching staff and I am sure they got the players attention this week.

43 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

If bearden barely cleared oak ridge, I don’t think they are likely to beat Maryville. That being said, I’m impressed with their improvements and they play tough. I’m interested to see how their defense performs. 

Totes agree ma. What makes you interested in the defense? Curious what a Knoxville All Star team would look like against the Rebs? :roflol::roflol:

Onlee a cupple thangs eye wood like two sea......

1. #7 inn tha backfeeled wif #0 inn tha backfeeled att tha saim time and gettin moore tuchess....He's two good knott to git tha tater moore imo frum whut eye seed laist yeer and tha Cathlick scrimmich.....(play two yore strangths)

b. DH sed #5 looked vurry comfurrtable under center so maybee weal see him thair moore ....Evurbodee iz inn tha shotgun most ov tha time now-uh-daze.....Bein' undur centur maiks tha bawl harder two find, wif hand-offs, fakes etc....and maiks fer sum nice play acshun passes two......Okelund duz a goodur job wif thait.....jmo

:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Like 1