Covington @ Ripley week 5

CHARGERFAN

On 9/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, RebelPride29 said:

"Not so fast my friend!" Make no mistake about it, the Lightening Bolts from Tipton County will travel down Hwy 51 with a huge amount of momentum Friday Night riding a three game winning streak. After a Week 1 loss to a very good Munford squad, the Chargers seem to have the mistakes corrected and looking to making their traditional playoff run. 

The Tigers from "Rip-Town" is also looking at making another trip to the playoffs but looking at taking a different road to find the glamor and fame. "Mother Nature" gave her best version of a pre-game fireworks show as kickoff was delayed for several minutes and possibly had a little to do with the slow start by Ripley with only 8 points scored against the Indians. One thing for sure, the Tigers has seen the "Lightening" and hopefully not be caught with their eyes in the sky on Friday Night against the Chargers. 

Fans should arrive early as "Tiny Knee Stadium" should be rockin with anticipation of this heavyweight match-up as both teams know that the winner will punch their ticket to the playoffs but more importantly takes a huge step closer to a Region Championship and a #1 seed. 

As this high school football fan steps back and takes a breath, they're is an old saying that is very fitting for this match-up and it goes a little something like this..."To be the man, you've got to beat the man!"

As I was saying 

3 hours ago, BLACKFRIDAY said:

You pretty much nailed your prediction!

As I suspected, Ripley's D made you guys work for it for a while. I would expect a real battle for second in that region, but the gap from 1st to 2nd appears to be very wide. 

IF the Chargers are able to get a W over Dyersburg in a couple weeks the showdown for the 2nd spot will be the last week of the regular season when Dyersburg & Ripley go at it. I think that will be a pretty good game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 5:07 PM, fanoffootball2013 said:

IF the Chargers are able to get a W over Dyersburg in a couple weeks the showdown for the 2nd spot will be the last week of the regular season when Dyersburg & Ripley go at it. I think that will be a pretty good game. 

Ripley may want to worry about their next couple district games before thinking about coming up here. 

Edited by TENNFOOTBALL88

12 hours ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

That’s true too.  Millington may slide into the second or third spot. What do you think? 

Haven't seen Millington play this year but they have been known to play Ripley tough. I did see where they got their starting QB back after missing the first 3 or 4 games of the season. So that could be a key factor. It's a game I will be interested in how it plays out because Dyersburg still has to play Ripley and Millington. 

• Like 1