West TN Rural Top 10 Week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

18 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Yep, theyre a very good team. And how come nobody talks about their RB? Dude is among the best in the area and he's been doing it for 3 years. 

Yes. And they also have a coaching staff that is highly underrated. The players want to play for that staff, and the coaches do an amazing job creating situations to put their players in successful opportunities. It’s not a coaching staff that’s selfish, and take pride in running the ball to the point where it’s too much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

Not sure why you keep leaving Dresden outside... 

The teams that Dresden has played are 5-10 on the year. Best win is against a not very good Westview team. Who in front of Dresden would they beat in your opinion??  In fairness I haven’t seen Dresden play. They may very well deserved to be there.

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The teams that Dresden has played are 5-10 on the year. Best win is against a not very good Westview team. Who in front of Dresden would they beat in your opinion??  In fairness I haven’t seen Dresden play. They may very well deserved to be there.

I know scrimmages don't count but ask any one from Union City how good Dresden is. Varsity defense has allowed 13 points in Four games and we have scored almost 200 to oppositions 19( one touchdown was on 2nd string). 

16 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

I know scrimmages don't count but ask any one from Union City how good Dresden is. Varsity defense has allowed 13 points in Four games and we have scored almost 200 to oppositions 19( one touchdown was on 2nd string). 

I have said several time that Dresden is very good. Yea the scrimmage was good and we put up 13 also with the starters on offense and defense out. But our back ups were capable so that takes nothing away from how good I think Dresden is. Now ask Dresden how UC is because we have a lot of doubters also. But yes Dresden deserves a nod in top 10 

Just now, Tornado82 said:

I have said several time that Dresden is very good. Yea the scrimmage was good and we put up 13 also with the starters on offense and defense out. But our back ups were capable so that takes nothing away from how good I think Dresden is. Now ask Dresden how UC is because we have a lot of doubters also. But yes Dresden deserves a nod in top 10 

Sorry I meant 3 starters out on offense and defense. Not all our starters. The scrimmage score was 13-13.

50 minutes ago, Sherdog said:

31 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

16 minutes ago, ysoangry said:

Dresden will prove themselves. Like Tornado is saying we are capable of going toe to toe with UC, Huntingdung and McKenzie & Trenton IMO. We will see where we belong when we line up against the Rebels if a few weeks.

I believe Dresden is a good team. Notice they are the first team out of the top 10. I struggled with where to put Trenton, Huntingdung and Dresden. In my opinion Trenton and Huntingdung have played much tougher competition this far and that’s why I have them ahead. But honestly I don’t think there is much difference in the 3. Just waiting to see what Dresden does against a quality opponent. 

3 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

I would put Huntingdon tied with 6.

2 hours ago, Tornado82 said:

Also riverside at 7

Ok serious question. You say you would have the Stanks at 6 and Riverside at 7. They played last night to a 33-7 game. That’s a 26 pt gap. Do you not think some of the teams like South Gibson, USJ, Hardin Co etc. could get closer than 26pts to the Stanks?  I just feel like Riverside is a bit further down the line. I watched them play Lexington and the looked great. I was high on them. But last night they couldn’t get out of their own way. Good teams don’t shoot themselves in the foot that much. 

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok serious question. You say you would have the Stanks at 6 and Riverside at 7. They played last night to a 33-7 game. That’s a 26 pt gap. Do you not think some of the teams like South Gibson, USJ, Hardin Co etc. could get closer than 26pts to the Stanks?  I just feel like Riverside is a bit further down the line. I watched them play Lexington and the looked great. I was high on them. But last night they couldn’t get out of their own way. Good teams don’t shoot themselves in the foot that much. 

I see your point

• Upvote 1