West TN Rural Top 10 Week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Shhhh.. keep it down. Y’all know Dresden is an easy out.  Talk about over-hyped.. sheesh! Our soft schedule is really misleading..Stats & scores are squat. Pure deception. Any & Every “quality” team we face don’t even have to practice hard or prepare much at all. Easy breezy that week for any opponent facing us in the future. Nothing to worry about. Don’t risk getting your main players hurt, give them a break because you’ll need them for any future teams you’ll face who are actually good. The Lions? Ha! We’ll be lucky to beat into the top 100. Naw.. don’t fret about the Lions.. totally overrated, right? And THAT is my expert analysis. Which all tams facing Dresden can take to the bank! Count on it! This Insider whistleblowers just spilled the beans. Rhut Rhow. .. My bad. 

1 hour ago, Waker said:

That may be true of 5a/6a teams. 1 and 2a teams in middle are usually not the same caliber as west teams year in and year out. The exception the last few years is Fayetteville. 

I don't know why that's the case, and I'm curious as to why there are better 1/2A teams in West Tennessee than there are in Middle Tennessee? I do believe there are way too many schools in West Tennessee. There are 13 High School football teams in Gibson, Weakley, and Carroll counties alone. Honestly, I wish each county would eliminate 2 high schools each. However, I do understand that each community want to have their own school.

But I've always wondered how good would Milan and South Gibson would be if they merge. They would only be a 5A school I think. In addition, how good Huntingdon and McKenzie would be if they were to merge together, which would have fewer students than Covington. So they would be a 3A school.

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I don't know why that's the case, and I'm curious as to why there are better 1/2A teams in West Tennessee than there are in Middle Tennessee? I do believe there are way too many schools in West Tennessee. There are 13 High School football teams in Gibson, Weakley, and Carroll counties alone. Honestly, I wish each county would eliminate 2 high schools each. However, I do understand that each community want to have their own school.

But I've always wondered how good would Milan and South Gibson would be if they merge. They would only be a 5A school I think. In addition, how good Huntingdon and McKenzie would be if they were to merge together, which would have fewer students than Covington. So they would be a 3A school.

You say some weird things we know how good Milan would be if sgc didn’t exist subtract 10 or so years and look at their record. Sgc is just a bunch of Jackson families who didn’t want to put their kids in private school. 

19 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the rankings have shaken up a bit with Henry Co. taking their 2nd loss. Also Hardin Co. and Riverside go down. 3 top 10 teams with losses have us looking like this almost half way thru the season. 

1.  Haywood Co. 3-0

2. Munford 4-0

3.  Henry Co. 2-2

T4.  McKenzie 4-0

T4. Union City 4-0

6.  Milan 4-0

7. South Gibson 3-1

8. USJ 3-1

9. Hardin Co. 3-1

T10. Peabody 3-1

T10. Huntingdung 3-1

Outside Looking In: Dresden 4-0, Covington 3-1, Riverside 3-1, JCS 3-0, Crockett Co. 3-1

What say you all??

My question is where's Milan gonna be on your next WTn poll when they lose this Friday night to the Haywood Tomcats, and the following Friday night to the Mustangs? I also believe that Dresden could beat 3 of the teams that you've got in the top 10. Those 3 teams being, Milan, SGC, & Peabody. Milan has improved over last year, however their not a #6 team. Imo Dresden is a top 10 team. I also think they could beat Riverside as well as possible even Huntingdon.

Here's my top 10:

HC, Haywood, Munford, UC, Mckenzie, Dresden, USJ, Huntingdon, Hardin Co., Milan.

11 minutes ago, RedRebelman said:

My question is where's Milan gonna be on your next WTn poll when they lose this Friday night to the Haywood Tomcats, and the following Friday night to the Mustangs? I also believe that Dresden could beat 3 of the teams that you've got in the top 10. Those 3 teams being, Milan, SGC, & Peabody. Milan has improved over last year, however their not a #6 team. Imo Dresden is a top 10 team. I also think they could beat Riverside as well as possible even Huntingdon.

Here's my top 10:

HC, Haywood, Munford, UC, Mckenzie, Dresden, USJ, Huntingdon, Hardin Co., Milan.

If that happens then they will drop. I am a homer but an honest one. Milan has 2 wins over teams in this poll. That is the reasoning for having them at 6. If they are 4-2 2 weeks from now it will reflect in the poll. 

1 hour ago, RedRebelman said:

Here's my top 10:

Dresden hasn’t proved anything. They beat westview that’s it. Westview isn’t what they were last year.

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

You say some weird things we know how good Milan would be if sgc didn’t exist subtract 10 or so years and look at their record. Sgc is just a bunch of Jackson families who didn’t want to put their kids in private school. 

The second part is true. I don't know about the first part because of the coaching changes that Milan has gone through in the past. 

10 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

In Carroll Co there is also W Carroll, Bruceton and Clarksburg high schools along with McKenzie and Huntingdon. That Bruceton and Clarksburg is a loyal bunch. I wonder how those schools keep it together.