David Crockett at Tennessee High

Pioneers1982

27 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I suspect it would be difficult to remain stoic on the sidelines during a bad penalty call.    Only guy I can remember seeing who acted that way all the time was Quarles @ Maryville.....

Sure, I certainly understand sticking up for your team, but sometimes he seems a little overkill with his reactions. Of course, that's easy for me to say sitting on my couch. If i had as much invested as him, I may react the same way. Either way, pretty good coach.

Also, where is the Boone/Morristown West thread? That's going to be the game of the night in Region 1.

10 minutes ago, ViperRight382 said:

Sure, I certainly understand sticking up for your team, but sometimes he seems a little overkill with his reactions. Of course, that's easy for me to say sitting on my couch. If i had as much invested as him, I may react the same way. Either way, pretty good coach.

Also, where is the Boone/Morristown West thread? That's going to be the game of the night in Region 1.

There are only a couple of Boone fans on here and no MoWest fans that I know of.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

There are only a couple of Boone fans on here and no MoWest fans that I know of.

I was hoping for some insight in the Mo West/ Boone this week also.. it usually helps me in the pickum's contest... I wish you would have started a thread. Anyway I picked Boone!!! go defense!!!! Score one more then Mo West and I'll be happy :mrgreen:

52 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

I was hoping for some insight in the Mo West/ Boone this week also.. it usually helps me in the pickum's contest... I wish you would have started a thread. Anyway I picked Boone!!! go defense!!!! Score one more then Mo West and I'll be happy :mrgreen:

West is very much improved should be a great game Boone 17-14

3 hours ago, dogtruth said:

Boone's defense and special teams are for real, the offense however is on the struggle bus.    I don't know much about West but they gave Greeneville everything they wanted and then some so I look for them to be tough all over.

My head is thinking Boone just because my head still can't get over the fact that West played Virginia 2A Union for four years straight as a 6A and couldn't beat them.  And it's not like Union are world beaters or anything like that, they're always a solid program but have never won state titles in football, even though they're a fairly new school with about 10 years existence.

I know this West team is probably much better than those who played Union once upon a time, but still Boone has the most underrated weapon on the field in the kicker/punter.  That could be the difference.

57 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

My head is thinking Boone just because my head still can't get over the fact that West played Virginia 2A Union for four years straight as a 6A and couldn't beat them.  And it's not like Union are world beaters or anything like that, they're always a solid program but have never won state titles in football, even though they're a fairly new school with about 10 years existence.

I know this West team is probably much better than those who played Union once upon a time, but still Boone has the most underrated weapon on the field in the kicker/punter.  That could be the difference.

The union team that beat west had James Mitchell on it, he found currently found him a spot on the Detroit Lions. West has been down for years, I think a couple years back there was a thread diving into what started the downfall at MO West. Mo West use to be able to compete with Maryville but them days are long gone.

Graham vs Union might be the game of the night 

2 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

The union team that beat west had James Mitchell on it, he found currently found him a spot on the Detroit Lions. West has been down for years, I think a couple years back there was a thread diving into what started the downfall at MO West. Mo West use to be able to compete with Maryville but them days are long gone.

Graham vs Union might be the game of the night 

It is the game of the night in Southwest Virginia for sure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TribalEmpire said:

Last couple of games have been close

Series history:

2021 Morristown West won 34-28
2016 Morristown West won 42-35
2015 Morristown West won 50-7
2008 Morristown West won 24-17
2007 Morristown West won 25-7
2006 Morristown West won 28-6
2005 Morristown West won 35-19
2002 Morristown West won 41-8
1999 Boone won 14-7
1998 Morristown West won 30-16