Greeneville at Dobyns-Bennett

TribalEmpire

20 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just about as good a game as you will see at any level. I don't know if the Devils have what it takes to win it all but I believe if they can tighten up on some of the pass plays,they will be strong down the road when it counts. 

The thing that almost lost it for Greeneville was late in the fourth quarter they had it 3rd. and 3 in DB territory and instead of taking two shots at a first down they took two shots at the end zone. Missing on both and DB took over on downs, promptly marching down field to score. If DB had been successful on the two-point conversion taking those two shots at the end zone would have been what cost Greeneville the game. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Stonewall said:

Wow. Short memory huh?  I don’t recall 3 trips to the Final 4, one of them 13-0 when we arrived, since he left.  I pull for the Tribe every Friday night, but much better teams than Greenville are down the road. 

Is that you Graham Cracker? I remember those 3 trips, and losing to lesser teams because of terrible play calling. 13-0 don't count for much if you can't get out of the semi's. There are no better teams than Greeneville left in regular season. Won't be until Maryville in the playoffs if we make it that far. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stonewall said:

Wow. Short memory huh?  I don’t recall 3 trips to the Final 4, one of them 13-0 when we arrived, since he left.  I pull for the Tribe every Friday night, but much better teams than Greenville are down the road. 

13-0 don't mean nothing if you don't win. The clark years DB spent beating up on local 3,4,5a teams then getting bounced early.. DB ran into a better team tonight...they will probably win out the season with their next toughest game being Science Hill. Then make a small run to give the fans hope before ultimately losing to Maryville. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The thing that almost lost it for Greeneville was late in the fourth quarter they had it 3rd. and 3 in DB territory and instead of taking two shots at a first down they took two shots at the end zone. Missing on both and DB took over on downs, promptly marching down field to score. If DB had been successful on the two-point conversion taking those two shots at the end zone would have been what cost Greeneville the game. 

Yeah,I think I would have ran it a couple times but they also had two guys that look to be in position to score in the zone on those two pass plays . On the other side of the coin ,as for the first half and the Devils stopping the Tribe point blank.It reminded me of Tampa Bay and not able to get a yard when they need it by running this year so far.The DB coaches were hail bent on their big guys and the Devils had a bunch in the box.I thought DB's depth might have showed up a little in the second half to counter Greeneville's better strength program.Either way,Greeneville will take the victory and  DB shouldn't hang their head about this effort.

2 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

13-0 don't mean nothing if you don't win. The clark years DB spent beating up on local 3,4,5a teams then getting bounced early.. DB ran into a better team tonight...they will probably win out the season with their next toughest game being Science Hill. Then make a small run to give the fans hope before ultimately losing to Maryville. 

Hey, easy there tough guy. Your boys are 1-4.  You shouldn't be on here talking smack.

1 minute ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I’m having trouble following your (& Wacos) logic. I’m disappointed in this loss because of exactly what you accused Clark. Upper East Tennessee football sucks. I wanted this win to show we are ready to be different. At least Clark made the semis. People who think we were better than OAKLAND IN ‘98 are on drugs. Red Bank beat us and won it. Riverdale was a Gary Rankin power, much better than Greeneville.  Right now we don’t clear East Tennessee, but somehow Clark doing much better “doesn’t matter unless he wins it”. Hard to figure. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Stonewall said:

I’m having trouble following your (& Wacos) logic. I’m disappointed in this loss because of exactly what you accused Clark. Upper East Tennessee football sucks. I wanted this win to show we are ready to be different. At least Clark made the semis. People who think we were better than OAKLAND IN ‘98 are on drugs. Red Bank beat us and won it. Riverdale was a Gary Rankin power, much better than Greeneville.  Right now we don’t clear East Tennessee, but somehow Clark doing much better “doesn’t matter unless he wins it”. Hard to figure. 

One of my family members  seen coach Clark tonight and said he was very nice .My former Indian that you played ball with was watching in Vegas pulling for the Tribe as I had to pull for my Devils this time around.

13 hours ago, Stonewall said:

Well, the people in Elizabethton and Greeneville don't think Upper East Tennessee football sucks. I'll give you Oakland in 98' maybe, even though we had a chance of winning that game anyway. DB was better than Red Bank, we had one of the best if not the best running backs in the state that year and Clark took him out of the game to begin the fourth quarter for some odd reason. We were also better than Riverdale but Clark went brain dead and couldn't call a descent play in the second half.  Everybody knows Darrell Watson was responsible for the success during the "Clark years". Just look at the won-loss record with Watson and without Watson. Watson's defense was almost always able to hold the other team at bay until Clark could get his act together long enough to call a few descent plays to win the game. Also, you might want to consider that a team from Maryville is in the way of getting to the semis now. They weren't there when we went before. 

1 hour ago, Pioneers1982 said:

I don’t get the logic of going for 2 when you had all the momentum. Now if you were the away team I understand that.

DB didn't necessarily have all the momentum. Both teams were having trouble stopping the other. Hard to believe by looking at the score but DB didn't punt the entire game and I think Greeneville only punted once. 

• Upvote 1