Upperman @ Watertown

biggest

Just now, biggest said:

I have a kid on the team also I'm hopeful Webster/Hackett both stay

Im in a unique situation.  Long story, but my son will not be living here fulltime for another 2 years.  No disrespect but since I have the luxury to leave him at the middle school he is at.  I choose to do so over sending him to the H20 Middle program.  Thats an entirely different situation.  LOL

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cam615 said:

Just putting it out there, I wouldn't mind Hackett getting a fresh start on the Creekbank:lol:

You all had your chance and went with what you have now. Saying that we would LOVE to have Hackett come back and wear the Black and Gold! He would make a fine addition to our current staff. So please H2O faithful keep riding him about 1 bad game in how many years? Maybe he will decide home is where he needs to be. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BoogerHillOwl said:

You all had your chance and went with what you have now. Saying that we would LOVE to have Hackett come back and wear the Black and Gold! He would make a fine addition to our current staff. So please H2O faithful keep riding him about 1 bad game in how many years? Maybe he will decide home is where he needs to be. 

Where's home for Hackett?  

59 minutes ago, BoogerHillOwl said:

gotta take some of these folks with a grain of salt 

4 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

Im here as a transplant.  I had to check this out on paper.  Cant speak on anything about H20 football outside of the past few years when I bought land out this way to build.  I dont even associate daily in Watertown.  And I mean absolutely no disrespect toward the history of Watertown and its sports, not one bit.  But, if the H20 faithful and unfaithful were honest about their heritage in sports, not much room to complain about this coaching staff and what they have accomplished over the past several years.  And hats off to the rest of the coaching staffs associated at H20.  My son plays baseball too, not sure he will want to at the highschool level, but why not, if good enough to make the team why wouldnt you want to be a part of this program.  I have met the baseball coach, hate to see if he goes 500 anytime soon, no telling what will be said about him.  I will be the first to admit, I am human and I will not agree with everything the coaches do.  But I have watched these coaches for sometime now, I want my child to play for this staff.  I was worried that Webster might retire before my son gets up there, but I was rolling the dice that Hackett would stay and take over if that were to happen.  So, my chips are all in for this program.  "WEBSTER/HACKETT2024"  Ordering my shirts now!

Let’s be clear here… H2O didn’t have the athletes they’ve had the last seven years in the last 30 years… that is at least playing. 

There are several factors that has made this team successful including the coaches, but let me ask you a question here.

Does the athletes make the coach look good or does the coach make the athletes look good? I think it’s a little bit of both!

What I’m saying is that a good coach who is tuned in should be able to take a bad group of kids and make them at least decent… right???

I think you’ve made mountain out of a mole hill here. Now I don’t know what’s being said in the stands because I don’t sit up there, but what had started all this mess is that I simply stated that it was a bad day in the office for all the coaches including Hackett… The kids were not ready to play.. example lineup issues amongst others!

Ive heard no one on this thread say that they want to get rid of any of the coaches on here or out in town!

Has Hackett been a great coach… absolutely! Has Webster been great for this program and community… 100%!

Now as for Friday… it was bad. It wasn’t just a kid issue, but there were some mistakes from the staff as well!

There ain’t no grown up man or woman who has not had a bad day or week at the office… it happens!

Now with that being said… let’s move on and quit being so Trousdaleish. Go purple!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Let’s be clear here… H2O didn’t have the athletes they’ve had the last seven years in the last 30 years… that is at least playing. 

There are several factors that has made this team successful including the coaches, but let me ask you a question here.

Does the athletes make the coach look good or does the coach make the athletes look good? I think it’s a little bit of both!

What I’m saying is that a good coach who is tuned in should be able to take a bad group of kids and make them at least decent… right???

I think you’ve made mountain out of a mole hill here. Now I don’t know what’s being said in the stands because I don’t sit up there, but what had started all this mess is that I simply stated that it was a bad day in the office for all the coaches including Hackett… The kids were not ready to play.. example lineup issues amongst others!

Ive heard no one on this thread say that they want to get rid of any of the coaches on here or out in town!

Has Hackett been a great coach… absolutely! Has Webster been great for this program and community… 100%!

Now as for Friday… it was bad. It wasn’t just a kid issue, but there were some mistakes from the staff as well!

There ain’t no grown up man or woman who has not had a bad day or week at the office… it happens!

Now with that being said… let’s move on and quit being so Trousdaleish. Go purple!

This is a good post and all very true!!! Even BB, Saban, Smart, Planning, all the Ryan's have had bad days at the office. Offensively the Kiffins, McVays, Grudens, Meyers, Swinney's have all had bad days. It comes with the territory of coaching. I am sure even Rankin and Creasy have had bad days at the office. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

You know me, just trying to make some sense is all.  No mountain or mole hill here, I was just pulling certain poster chains.  All good... lets move on as you requested.  

56 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

This is a good post and all very true!!! Even BB, Saban, Smart, Planning, all the Ryan's have had bad days at the office. Offensively the Kiffins, McVays, Grudens, Meyers, Swinney's have all had bad days. It comes with the territory of coaching. I am sure even Rankin and Creasy have had bad days at the office. 

I had a bad day at midnight express a few weeks ago ,so it happens to the best of us!